ADCC 2015 takes place in Sao Paulo, Brazil on August 29 & 30, 2015, we continue handicapping the divisions now jumping to the ladies Under 60KG division. Below is the up to date official list of competitors
Female -60 kg
1. Michelle Nicolini – Brazil (ADCC 2013 Winner)
2. Kethe Marie Elgesem Engen – Norway (European Trials Winner)
3. Rikako Yuasa – Japan (Asia & Oceania Trials Winner)
4. Tammi Musumeci – USA (North American Trials Winner)
5. Ana Michelle Tavares Dantas – Brazil (1st South American Trials Winner)
6. Mayra Mello Mazza – Brazil (2nd South American Trials Winner)
7. Mackenzie Dern – USA (Invited)
8. Beatriz Mesquita – Brazil (Invited)
Champion Michelle Nicolini returns to defend her title and she faces one of the strongest fields ever. Nicolini has the experience and game to repeat as Champion but she will face strong challenges by Bia Mesquita, Mackenzie Dern and Tammi Musumeci just to name a few. Mesquita is a two times World Absolute Champion and has a very strong game. She missed the last ADCC due to an injury and has been on a tear since her return. Bia has the experience, technique and the strength to be one of my favorites to dethrone Nicolini.
Mackenzie has also been on a tear winning multiple titles and developing a strong mindset that combined with her great technique has been tough to beat. She is young and has not competed in ADCC Worlds and that can be a factor but her tenacity and determination is not to be underestimated. Final spot in my challengers is Tammi Musumeci, Tammi has been reaching finals and beating top experienced competitors and like Dern she is gritty and technical, regardless of the brackets she can reach the finals but a good bracket may lead to her being fresher in the finals. Like Dern, her inexperience in ADCC Worlds can work against her.
As usual ther eis always the disclaimer, that a dark horse can and will emerge and disrupt all predictions, whether it will be in this division or any other that remains to be seen