Chicago’s Miller, Palaszewski, Maciejewski Among Top International Fight League Athletes Highlighted
OTC.BB: IFLI), the world’s number one professional mixed martial arts league, goes inside the matchup between the Red Bears and the defending IFL Champion Quad Cities Silverbacks, in the next episode of “IFL Battleground” on Monday, July 2, at 8 p.m. ET/PT (7 p.m. CT/MT). “IFL Battleground” airs every Monday night, with a replay on Saturday, on MyNetworkTV., June 28, 2007- The International Fight League (
Many of the league’s top stars and matchups are profiled in and out of the ring in the episode, which features action from the Sears Centre in, including:
• Unbeaten Silverbacks heavyweight Ben Rothwell (
• Red Bears standout and hometown favorite, welterweight Mark Miller (Chicago) faces his toughest IFL challenge in former UFC competitor Josh Neer (Cedar Falls, )
• Tim Kennedy ( , .) moves down one weight class to battle the Silverbacks’ middleweight Ryan McGivern (Bettendorf, Iowa)
• Veteran Silverbacks lightweight Bart Palaszewski (Wonder Lake, .) and light heavyweight Mike Ciesnolevicz (Williamstown, Pa.) take on John Strawn ( ) and Chicago native Adam Maciejewski, respectively
• Bonus coverage of the never-before-seen Superfight between veterans Jeff Curran (Crystal Lakes, .) and Kevin English (Lake Station, Ind.).
Additionally, the search for the next IFL Ring Girls continues, with audition footage from Chicago.
Viewers can find their local MyNetworkTV affiliate at www.mynetworktv.com/local _stations.html.