Episode Looks Inside The Art Of Chokes And Holds
NEW YORK, May 29, 2007- The International Fight League (OTC.BB: IFLI), the world’s number one professional mixed martial arts league, takes a look at the league’s top submissions and tap-out artists, in the next episode of “IFL Battleground” on Monday, June 4, at 8 p.m. ET/PT (7 p.m. CT/MT). “IFL Battleground” airs every Monday night on MyNetworkTV. The show features full fights and highlights of IFL bouts which have ended via submission, and also includes demonstrations by “IFL Battleground” Co-Host Bas Rutten and IFL athletes such as the Tokyo Sabres’ Antonio McKee (Long Beach, Calif.). Additionally, the search for the next IFL Ring Girls continues, with audition footage of some contenders – and a few pretenders – from searches conducted in New York and Los Angeles.
Some of the competitors seen in the episode include:
• Lightweight John Gunderson (Houston/Medford, Ore.) of the Lions vs. Josh Odom (Tallahassee, Fla.) of the Razorclaws
• Middleweight Benji Radach (Coconut Creek, Fla.) of the Anacondas vs. Brian Foster (Moreno Valley, Calif.)
• Middleweight Jeremy Williams (Laguna Niguel, Calif.) of the Condors vs. Bristol Marunde (Sequim, Wash.)
and Kazuhiro Hamanaka (Tokyo) of the Sabres
• Middleweight Matt Horwich (Portland, Ore.) of the Wolfpack vs. Brent Beauparlant (Ottawa, Ontario) of the Dragons
• Welterweight Jay Hieron (Las Vegas) of the Anacondas vs. Donnie Liles (Colorado Springs, Colo.) of the Razorclaws
• Light Heavyweight Jamal Patterson (Hoboken, N.J.) vs. Alex Schoenauer (Las Vegas) of the Anacondas
Viewers can find their local MyNetworkTV affiliate at www.mynetworktv.com/local_stations.html. Each of the 12 IFL teams for 2007 will compete in three regular season events; the teams with the top four overall win-loss team records will advance to the semi-finals, which will be held on Thursday, August 2, at Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, N.J. The 2007 IFL Finals will then be held at The Forum in Los Angeles on Saturday, September 15. About the IFL International Fight League™ (IFL) is the world’s first professional mixed martial arts sports league. IFL has its headquarters in New York, NY and offices in Las Vegas, NV. For more information about IFL, please see: www.ifl.tv.