Columbus, Ohio-Gracie Fighting Championships held their second show at the Value City Arena with a pay-per-view broadcast on iNDEMAND and Dish Network as well as a webcast on MMA World League. On the show Abu Dhabi 2007 Under 87 kg Champion Demian Maia, 2005 Under 87 kg Champion Ronaldo “Jacare” de Souza, and 2005 runner-up Alexandre “Cacareco” Ferreira all picked up first round submission victories while in the main event late replacement Fredson Paixao defeated KOTC Champion Thomas Denny for the Welterweight title. Other competitors hailed from teams like American Top Team, Team Quest, Brazilian Top Team, and Relson Gracie’s fight team.
Overall it was a good opportunity to see some of these submission wrestling standouts cross over to MMA but the short fights were testament to the fact their opponents were for the most part overwhelmed. A great starting point for future development if these fighters aren’t signed away as many of the standouts for the first show and the abortive Florida show were, such as Vitor “Shaolin” Ribeiro and Jake Shields respectively.
- Rob Wince def Leopoldo Serao 0:11 R1 by KO
- Nissen Osterneck def Chris Meyers 0:32 R1 by TKO
- George Bush def Vinicius Malgahaes by unanimous decision
- Adriano “Nasal” Pereira def Joey Whitt 3:25 R1 by rear choke
- Daniel Moraes def Matt Brown 2:32 R1 by armbar
- Phil Cardella def Rafael Dias by unanimous decision
- Demian Maia def Ryan Stout 1:54 R1 by submission to shoulder injury
- Chris Brennan def Adam Disabato 1:30 R1 by toe hold
- Ronaldo “Jacare” de Souza def Bill Vucick 1:59 R1 by submission to strikes
- Alexandre “Cacareco” Ferreira def Brandon Lee Hinkle 0:35 R1 by heel hook
- Fredson Paixao def Thomas Denny 4:32 R1 by armbar