Joe Ray is off the M-1 Challenge card but the main event of former middleweight champion Vyacheslav Vasilevsky is still on the card while former featherweight champion Ivan Buchinger will still face lightweight champion Mansour Barnaoui in the main event. M-1 Challenge 62 takes place October 10th at the Ice Cube Curling Center in Sochi, Russia with a webcast pay-per-view through the promotion’s website.
M-1 Global have held superfights between champions before with Tybura vs. Putz earlier this year, now its lightweight champion Mansour Barnaoui vs. featherweight champion Ivan Buchinger with the bout taking place at featherweight. 29-4 Buchinger is on an eight-fight win streak with the TKO over Aliyar Sarkerov serving as the bout that netted Buchinger the title. 12-2 Barnaoui is on a four-fight win streak including winning the title with a TKO of Maxim Divnich in May.
26-3 Vyacheslav Vasilevsky held the M-1 Global middleweight title from September 2014 until April of this year as he defeated Ramazan Emeev then lost a rematch with Emeev still holding the belt. Between those two fights Vasilevsky earned a unanimous decision over German Yakubov last November in Battle of Champions, a non M-1 Global event in Moscow. Stepping in for Ray is 8-1-1 Kristijan Perak who made his M-1 Global debut in April with a draw against Valery Myasnikov.
M-1 Challenge 62 card
- Boris Polejay vs. Alexey Shopin
- Nikolai Kaushansky vs. Sergei Astapov
- Giorgio Belsanti vs. Dalgat Kudbudinov
- Andrey Lezhnev vs. Nikita Christyakov
- Nodar Kudukhashvili vs. Enoc Solves Torres
- Alexandre Ramos vs. Alexey Kunchenko
- Adam Yandiev vs. Dmitry Voitov
- Lee Morrison vs. Kurbanali Abdusalamov
- Vyacheslav Vasilevsky vs. Kristijan Perak
- Ivan Buchinger vs. Mansour Barnaoui