Raufeon Stots blended southpaw striking and takedowns to take a one-sided unanimous decision over UFC vet and defending champion Rob Emerson earning the Victory FC bantamweight title in the process. VFC 56 took place April 14th at the Baxter Arena in Omaha, NB with a webcast at UFC Fight Pass.
Rob Emerson had a hard time predicting Raufeon Stots as Stots would land left jabs then switch to takedowns before Emerson could mount a counter attack. In round 3 Emreson threatened a heel hook but otherwise was on defense for the five-round fights with two judges scoring the bout 50-45, the third 49-46. Stots now holds the bantamweight title with a record of 8-0, Emerson fell to 18-12.
The co-main event was equally as one-sided as Yuri Villefort used takedowns and smothering control to earn a unanimous decision over Kassius Holdorf for the vacant welterweight title. Holdorf tried to turn the tables in round 2 when he drove Villefort to the cage but was quickly taken down yet again leaving Villefort to cruise to the judges’ verdict. Villefort’s claiming of the title improved his record to 10-5 with four wins in a row, Holdorf dropped to 9-4.
Professional fight results
- Bernard Thomas def. Boimah Karmo by split decision
- Corey Davis def. Kenny Licea 4:58 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Bryce Logan def. Will Shutt 4:23 R1 by submission to injury
- Terrence Almond def. Tony Ortega 1:24 R1 by submission to injury
- Sodiq Yusuff def. Chuka Willis by unanimous decision
- J. Brooks def. Dakota Cochrane by unanimous decision
- WW title: Yuri Villefort def. Kassius Holdorf by unanimous decision
- BW title: Raufeon Stots def. Rob Emerson by unanimous decision