When Paul Felder signed with the UFC the Cage Fury Fighting Championships lightweight title was again vacated, a satiation to be rectified at CFFC 45 when Jordan Stiner faces Darrell Horcher for the belt. CFFC 45 takes place February 7th at the Borgata Resort and Casino in Atlantic City, NJ with a live pay-per-view webcast through GoFightLive.
Stiner’s only loss in his 9-1 career was to current CFFC featherweight champion Levan Makashvili last February. Since then Stiner defeated Shelby Graham, Mike Medrano, and most recently Jonathan DelBrugge. 10-1 Horcher’s only loss was to UFC vet Phillipe Nover in Bellator 95 with wins since then over Medrano, Gabriel Miglioli, and Alex Ricci. Both fighters have never been finished with both losses being decisions, Stiner has the edge with grappling and Horcher the edge with striking.
The co-main event is for the interim title while welterweight champion Jonavin Webb continues to recover. It was Lyman Good that sidelined Webb in their title bout in November, a fight where a second accidental eye poke caused a “no contest” in the main event (see archives). 16-3 former Bellator champion Good otherwise won his last two fights, a unanimous decision over Dante Rivera at Bellator 95 and a KO of Matt Secor in the main event of CFFC 36 last June. 7-4 Elijah Harshbarger makes his CFFC debut following a rear-naked choke of Chris Cope in ROC 47 in January.
CFFC 45 card
- Donta Wade vs. Jamelle Jones
- Joseph Agostini vs. Christian Leonard
- Sergio da Silva vs. Tuan Pham
- Katlyn Chookagian vs. Nohime Dennison
- Ricky Bandejas vs. Alfred Jones
- Chase Owens vs. Michael Wilcox
- Jared Gordon vs. Jay Coleman
- Matt Secor vs. Micah Terrill
- Interim WW title: Lyman Good vs. Elijah Harshbarger
- LW title: Jordan Stiner vs. Darrell Horcher