Brazilian standout Ciro Rodrigues made an impressive US debut as he licked up a first-round TKO over UFC vet David Michaud. Legacy Fighting Alliance 19 took place August 18th at the Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls, SD with a main card broadcast on AXS TV.
Ciro Rodrigues and David Michaud spent the short fight standing exchanging punches. Rodrigues fired off a fast and powerful right leg followed by a left hook than knocked Michaud down with follow-up punches on the ground sealing the TKO. Rodrigues’ dominant performance increased his record to 21-6 with three wins in a row, his only loss in nine fights or four years being to Eric Barbosa in October 2015. Michaud exited the cage 11-4 or 3-2 post-UFC.
In the co-main event Sid Bice earned a unanimous decision over Ken Porter. Bice mixed standup with ground-and-pound to always keep Porter guessing while landing more significant strikes. Bice’s win improves his record to 7-1 with his only loss being to UFC vet Pedro Nobre by split decision, Porter dropped to 10-4.
This show marked the first in LFA’s “four shows in four weeks” which continues next week as LFA 20 heads to Prior Lake, MN. Headlining that event is Chad Curry vs. Nick Barnes.
LFA 19 results
- Alex Messmer def. Austin Ovre 2:52 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Jonathan Davis def. Ricky Ortiz 1:53 R1 by KO
- Robiel Tesfaldet def. Anthony Yost 2:59 R1 by TKO
- Ryan Debelak def. Ivan Tereschenko 2:06 R1 by TKO
- P. Saint Louis def. Tyler Michael Ray 1:44 R1 by guillotine choke
- Emeka Ifekandu def. Steven Merrill 1:25 R3 by TKO
- Maurice Greene def. Jermaine McDermott 3:06 R1 by triangle choke
- Maikel Perez Gonzalez def. Derrick Mandell by unanimous decision
- Marcus Edwards def. Clarence Jordan by unanimous decision
- Sid Bice def. Ken Porter by unanimous decision
- Ciro Rodrigues def. David Michaud 1:57 R1 by TKO