Road to GLORY UK Welterweight Superfight Winner Jamie Bates Debuts
Against Richard Abraham in GLORY 40 SuperSeries Headline Bout
Opponents for local favorites Niclas Larsen and Mohammed El-Mir revealed
AMSTERDAM – GLORY today announced the headline bout for GLORY 40 SuperFight Series and three additional bouts – across GLORY 40 Copenhagen and GLORY 40 SuperFight Series fight cards – as the organization returns to Forum Copenhagen in Denmark on Saturday, April 29.
One week removed from his impressive performance at Road to GLORY UK, welterweight contract winner Jamie Bates (24-6) of England has scheduled his debut on the big stage, taking on No. 6 ranked Richard “Maximus” Abraham (11-4, 4 KO) in the headline bout of GLORY 40 SuperFight Series.
Bates defeated Kev Ward via unanimous decision in their welterweight superfight at Road to GLORY UK on March 11, earning a two-fight contract with the world’s premier kickboxing league. The American Abraham looks to bounce back quickly after dropping a razor close decision to young star Antoine Pinto at GLORY 38 Chicago in February.
Also announced for GLORY 40 SuperFight Series is a co-headline match-up between Danish lightweight Mohammed “The Desert Storm” El-Mir (113-22, 33 KO) and Norwegian Muay Thai champion Simon “The Fury” Santana (37-12-1, 12 KO).
Plus, New York native Chris Mauceri (7-3, 2 KO) and Chinese newcomer Yuhang Xie get the night’s action started at featherweight.
The complete five-fight card for GLORY 40 SuperFight Series can be found below:
GLORY 40 SuperFight Series
- Welterweight Headline Bout: Richard Abraham vs. Jamie Bates
- Lightweight Co-Headline Bout: Mohammed El-Mir vs. Simon Santana
- Light Heavyweight Bout: Freddy Kemayo vs. Imad Hadar
- Lightweight Bout: Josh Janucey vs. Antonio Gomez
- Featherweight Bout: Yuhang Xie vs. Chris Mauceri
GLORY 40 SuperFight Series streams live and exclusively on UFC FIGHT PASS Saturday, April 29 at 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT.
GLORY 40 Copenhagen follows GLORY 40 SuperFight Series, and in the co-headline bout, Danish product and No. 9 ranked lightweight Niclas “The Destroyer” Larsen (45-8-2, 24 KO) battles Thailand’s Yodkhunpon (83-22-1, 51 KO), currently ranked No. 5.
Middleweight world champion Jason “Psycho” Wilnis (30-6-1, 8 KO) headlines GLORY 40 Copenhagen, taking on Canadian challenger Simon “The ONE” Marcus (45-3-2, 24 KO). Wilnis and Marcus have fought twice previously, trading wins. Heading into the rubber match of this trilogy fight, Marcus is the No.1 contender after losing his title to Wilnis in a shocking upset at GLORY 33 New Jersey in September.
The complete five-fight card for GLORY 40 Copenhagen can be found below:
GLORY 40 Copenhagen
- Middleweight World Title Headline Bout: Jason Wilnis vs. Simon Marcus
- Lightweight Co-Headline Bout: Niclas Larsen vs. Yodkhunpon
- Middleweight Tournament Final Bout: Winner of Bout A vs. Winner of Bout B
- Middleweight Tournament Semifinal Bout B: Alex Pereira vs. Burim Rama
- Middleweight Tournament Semifinal Bout A: Yousri Belgaroui vs. Agron Preteni
GLORY 40 Copenhagen airs live on ESPN2 Saturday, April 29 at 3:30 p.m. ET / 12:30 p.m. PT.