UFC vets clash over the welterweight title while the inaugural women’s straweeight champion will be decided at Resurrection Fighting Alliance this weekend. RFA 31 takes place October 9th at the Downtown Las Vegas Event Center in Las Vegas, NV with a main card broadcast on AXS TV.
Welterweight champion Gilbert Smith makes the first defense of the belt by taking on fellow UFC vet Bristol Marunde in the main event. 11-4 Smith in RFA defeated Bojan Velickovic then lost to Chidi Njokuani at catchweight before winning the title with an armbar of then-champion Benjamin Smith in June. 16-9 Marunde is 4-0 post-UFC with wins over Ian Williams, Micah Miller, David Castillo, and Michael Hill with this fight being his RFA debut.
The women’s strawweight title fight features former Bellator champion Zoila Frausto vs. MMA Lab’s Jocelyn Jones-Lybarger. 12-4 Frausto was a terror to the division in 2010 in Bellator where she defeated Jessica Aguilar and Megumi Fujii. In 2012 however Frausto hit a skid of three losses first to Jessica Eye in Bellator then Jennifer Maia and Vanessa Porto in Invicta, the last fight being December 2013. 5-1 Jones-Lybarger has gone 3-0 since Frausto’s last fight with the Arizona fighter defeating Rosa Acevedo, Rebecca Ruth, and Maria Rios in RFA over the past year-and-a-half.
- Johnny Parsons vs. Jeff Roman
- Carlos Garcia vs. Jason Pacheco
- David Arcangel vs. Zane Behrend
- Shai Lindsey vs. Joseph Peukert
- Cameron Diffley vs. Vardan Sholinian
- Justin Linn vs. Matthew Lopez
- Gabriel Checco vs. Mike Jasper
- Women’s strawweight title: Zoila Frausto vs. Jocelyn Jones-Lybarger
- WW title: Gilbert Smith vs. Bristol Marunde