Rising featherweight talents Alex Morono (13-3) and Sheldon Westcott (9-3-1) will face-off at UFC Fight Night 104 in February. UFC officials recently announced the booking.
UFC Fight Night 104 will be held Feb. 4 from the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. A featherweight matchup between Dennis Bermudez and Chan Sung Jung is expected to headline the event.
Morono is currently riding a seven-fight winning streak, most recently winning a unanimous decision over James Moontasri at UFC on FOX 22 earlier this month. The 26-year-old BJJ and Taekwondo black belt made his UFC debut in January 2016 with a split decision victory over Kyle Noke. Prior to that Morono had been cleaning house in the Legacy FC promotion culminating with winning their welterweight championship in December 2015 with a submission over Derrick Krantz.
Westcott is coming off a first round TKO win over Edgar Garcia at UFC 195 in January 2016. Before that Westcott dropped a decision to Pawel Pawlak in April 2015. The 32-year-old Canadian competed on The Ultimate Fighter Nations middleweight tournament in 2014 but lost in the finals to teammate Elias Theodorou. He returned to the 170-pound division after that and is now 1-2 inside the Octagon.
With this addition, UFC Fight Night 104 now includes:
- Dennis Bermudez vs. Chan Sung Jung
- Alexa Grasso vs. Felice Herrig
- Evan Dunham vs. Abel Trujillo
- Jan Blachowicz vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Justin Ledet vs. Dmitriy Sosnovskiy
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Adam Milstead
- Chris Gruetzemacher vs. Chas Skelly
- Johnny Case vs. James Vick
- Alex Morono vs. Sheldon Westcott
- Bec Rawlings vs. Tecia Torres
Stay close to www.adcombat.com for all your MMA and BJJ news updates.