For his first defense of the Legacy Fighting Alliance welterweight title Derrick Krantz takes on undefeated James Nakashima while in the co-main event of LFA 23 Andrea Lee makes the first defense of the women’s flyweight title by facing Jamie Thorton. LFA 23 takes place September 22nd at the Horseshoe Casino in Bossier City, LA with a main card broadcast on AXS TV.
Derrick Krantz enters this title defense with a record of 20-9 with three wins in a row. In the days of LFC Krantz won the belt wit a TKO of Brock Larson but lost it in his first defense against Alex Morono with that loss being Krantz’ only loss in three years or seven fights. Once LFC merged with RFA to form LFA Krantz defeated Hayward Charles in February then won the belt wit a TKO of Benjamin Neumann in May. Undefeated James Nakashima comes from the RFA branch of LFA victories on his 7-0 record took place. After the two promotions merged Nakashima defeated Larue Burley by unanimous decision at LFA 11 in May.
Andrea Lee as been alternating between Legacy promotions and Invicta FC for three years now. In Invicta 7-2 Lee is 3-2 with wins over Shannon Sinn, Rachel Berdon, and Jenny Liou while taking losses to UFC vet Roxanne Modafferi and Bellator vet Sarah D’Alelio. Lee was the LFC champion before that promotion merged with RFA to become LFA while in this promotion she defeated Heather Bassett to win the belt in February. 4-3 Jamie Thorton has only been seen once in LFA when she lost by KO to Sabina Mazo in April while her previous fights were in promotions like Gladiator Challenge and King of the Cage.
- Cora Sanders vs. Victoria Leonardo
- Latrell Normandin vs. Jake Foster
- Caleb Miller vs. Jeb Ross
- Ariel Juarez vs. Spencer Flores
- Berto Grimaldo vs. Zach Albritton
- Asim Zaidi vs. Jesse Butler
- Brandon Martin vs. Nicholas Jackson
- Peter Stanonik vs. Kendrick Williams
- Linsey Williams vs. Sabina Mazo
- Bryan Billiot vs. Brandon Shavers
- Lemarcus Tucker vs. Ryan Spann
- W Flyweight title: Andrea Lee vs. Jamie Thorton
- WW title: Derrick Krantz vs. James Nakashima