Lightweight veterans Jim Miller (28-8) and Dustin Poirier (20-5) are set to tangle at UFC 208. Promotion officials announced the bout on Friday.
UFC 208 will be held Feb. 11 from Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. Holly Holm is expected to face Germaine de Randamie for the inaugural women’s 145-pound belt, and a featherweight title match between Jose Aldo and Max Holloway is reportedly in the works.
Miller has won his last three fights in a row, including a unanimous decision over Thiago Alves at UFC 205 last month. In August he took home a split decision over Joe Lauzon for “Fight of the Night”, and in July he knocked out Takanori Gomi. The 33-year-old New Jersey native has been competing in the UFC since 2008 and is 17-7 inside the Octagon.
Poirier made his UFC debut as a featherweight in 2011 and went 4-0 before being submitted by Chan Sung Jung in May 2012. Now having been fighting at lightweight since April 2015, Poirier has gone 4-1, most recently getting stopped by a Michael Johnson knockout in September. Before that Poirier had won a decision over Joe Duffy in January, and knocked out Bobby Green in June.
With this addition, the official UFC 208 card now includes:
- Women’s featherweight title: Germaine de Randamie vs. Holly Holm
- Jared Cannonier vs. Glover Teixeira
- Travis Browne vs. Derrick Lewis
- Ian McCall vs. Neil Seery
- Roan Carneiro vs. Ryan LaFlare
- Randy Brown vs. George Sullivan
- Luis Henrique vs. Marcin Tybura
- Nik Lentz vs. Islam Makhachev
- Wilson Reis vs. Ulka Sasaki
- Jim Miller vs. Dustin Poirier
Stay with us at www.adcombat.com for all your BJJ and MMA updates.