UFC vet John Howard dominated but could not finish Roger Carroll in his return to CES MMA. CES MMA 46 took place October 27th at the Twin River Event Center in Lincoln, RI with a main card broadcast on AXS TV.
John Howard ruled all aspects of the fight against Roger Carroll. Combinations from range, control of the clinch, takedowns, and scoring with punches on the ground carried Howard to the unanimous decision after three rounds while Carroll was reduced to attempting but not getting close to the occasional submission. One judge scored the fight 30-26 while the other two 30-27 for Howard who now holds a record of 25-13 with this being his first fight in over a year. Carroll’s fourth loss in a row left is record 16-15.
The co-main event was equally as one-sided raising questions of the matchmaking. Dinis Paiva was knocked down in round 1 when off balance but in turn knocked down Brandon Seyler repeatedly in round 2. After a third knockdown in the second round the referee stopped the rout giving Paiva the win. Paiva’s record improved to 10-6 with three wins in a row, Seyler fell to 7-6.
The next two weekends on AXS TV hold LFA events while CES MMA returns with hopefully a better card on November 17th.
CES MMA 46 results
- Michael Taylor def. Jesse Pires 2:43 R1 by TKO
- Pat McCrohan def. Buck Pineau 4:56 R1 by TKO
- Hamzah Marquis Brewster def. Raymond Yanez 2:17 R1 by KO
- John Gotti III def. Johnny Adams 3:50 R1 by TKO
- Justin Sumter def. Shedrick Goodridge 1:56 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Jonathan Lemke def. Josh LaBerge by unanimous decision
- Rico DiSciullo def. Seth Basler 2:59 R1 by Peruvian necktie
- Gary Balletto Jr. def. Sharif Jones 3:17 R3 by rear-naked choke
- Dinis Paiva def. Brandon Seyler 3:08 R2 by TKO
- John Howard def. Roger Carroll by unanimous decision