It took only half of one round for Ian Heinisch to submit Lucas Rota in the main event of LFA 10 finishing the one-sided bout with a scarf hold armlock. LFA 10 took place April 21st at the Massari Arena in Pueblo, CO with a main card broadcast on AXS TV.
After missing with an overhand right Ian Heinisch took Lucas Rota down and quickly moved to mount. Instead of firing off punches Heinisch moved to side control for a headlock then trapped Rota’s arm for the fight-ending submission at the 2:38 mark. With the win Heinisch remained undefeated at 8-0, Rota fell to 12-7.
The co-main event turned into a wrestling vs. BJJ matchup as Nick Urso employed ground-and-pound on Brandon Royval. Royval tried striking on the feet but Urso was relentless with his takedowns leaving much of the fight Urso working from within Royval’s full guard. After three tedious rounds Urso emerged with the split decision as his record improved to 10-2, Royval dropped to 5-3.
Now that LFA’s three shows in three weeks is over the top AXS TV promotion is off until May 5th when Matthew Frincu faces Daniel Madrid.
LFA 10 results
- Alyssa Garcia def. Tabitha Trevino 0:57 R1 by armbar
- Robert Trujillo def. Joshua Morales 2:21 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Matt Addington def. Jack Mondragon 1:00 R1 by TKO
- Jordan Titoni def. Joel Whitney 4:17 R3 by rear-naked choke
- Bevon Lewis def. Sonny Yohn by unanimous decision
- Cody Yohn def. Mike Jones by split decision
- Adam Martinez def. Maikel Perez Gonzalez 2:22 R2 by guillotine choke
- Andrew Tenneson def. Andrew Yates 0:49 R1 by technical submission
- Siobodan Maksimovic def. Dominic Montoya by unanimous decision
- Jerome Rivera def. Zac Riley by unanimous decision
- Nick Urso def. Brandon Royval by split decision
- Ian Heinisch def. Lucas Rota 2:38 R1 by scarf hold armlock