At Titan Fighting Championship 35 two champions made successful first defenses of their belts but the third, the main event, was stripped before being defeated. Titan FC 35 took place September 19th at the Clark County Fairgrounds Event Center in Ridgefield, WA with a main card broadcast on AXS TV.
Pat Healy missed weight by three pounds on Friday resulting in the stripping of his title in what would have been his second defense. Furthermore it was announced had Healy won he would still not be champion while his opponent Rick Hawn would take the belt home if victorious. Victorious Hawn was as he used overhand rights, leg kicks, and the occasional judo throw to thwart Healy’s dirty boxing. Healy held his own for much of the fight as he damaged Hawn’s face and was close to finishing with a rear-naked choke in round 5 but Hawn was quicker and more effective with his strikes overall. In the end Hawn emerged with the split decision to stand 21-4, Healy dropped to 32-21.
In the co-main event Andre Harrison successfully defended the featherweight title for the first time in a lackluster five-rounder. Former champion Desmond Green seemed uninterested in engaging with the undefeated champion as Harrison scored just enough takedowns and strikes against Green to edge out a unanimous decision. Harrison keeps his perfect record intact at 11-0, Green exited the cage 15-5.
The third title match was the exact opposite of the co-main event as Tim Elliott and Felipe Efrain went toe-to-toe from the opening bell. Defending champion Elliott got the better of the exchanges throughout the first round while in the second Efrain shot in only to end up in a guillotine choke. Elliott’s first successful defense of the flyweight title leaves the champion 12-6-1 while Efrain’s record falls to 9-2.
TFC 35 results
- Peter Petties def. Jacob Tampos 2:51 R1 by KO
- Zak Bucia def. Rasul Shovhalov 2:10 R2 by rear-naked choke
- Sid Bice def. Shaine Jaime by unanimous decision
- Jason Novelli def. EJ Brooks by unanimous decision
- Jason Knight def. Rusam Khamanaev 3:06 R2 by triangle choke
- Ricky Simon def. Alex Soto by unanimous decision
- Belal Muhammed def. Zane Kamaka by unanimous decision
- Steven Siler def. Austin Springer 2:30 R2 by guillotine choke
- Flyweight title: Tim Elliott def. Felipe Efrain 2:30 R2 by guillotine choke
- FW title: Andre Harrison def. Desmond Green by unanimous decision
- LW title: Rick Hawn def. Pat Healy by split decision