Khamzat Dalgiev captured the M-1 Challenge featherweight title with a KO of defending champion Ivan Buchinger. M-1 Challenge 86 took place November 24th at the Magas Sports Palace in Nazran, Ingushetia, Russia with a webcast through the promotion’s website.
Ivan Dalgiev started the fight landing low kicks while Buchinger drew first blood with a jab to the nose of the challenger. A big right hand from Buchinger at the two-minute mark put Dalgiev on the canvas but he immediately sprang forward to double leg the champion. When Dalgiev escaped a guillotine attempt but failed to flatten Buchinger out he switched to punches to the head of the still-sitting Buchinger with the third one causing the ref stoppage. Dalgiev took home the featherweight title with a record of 10-1 with ten wins in a row, Buchinger emerged 32-6.
With only one second left in the fight Mikhail Ragozin knocked out Joseph Henle in the co-main event. Ragozin knocked down Henle in the third only to find himself in a heel hook followed by guillotine choke. Round 2 saw Henle jump to guard for a kimura but Ragozin escaped and fired off strikes from full guard. With one minute left in the third Henle shot it only to be stuffed by Ragozin who moved to guard, stood, and threw one powerful right hand for the KO with only one second left in the round. Ragozin who was bouncing back from his loss to Brandon Halsey improved his record to 9-3, Henle fell to 10-3 in his promotional debut.
M-1 Challenge 86 results
- Salem Evloev def. Dmitry Orlov 4:26 R1 by TKO
- Yuri Chobuka def Akhmadkhan Bokov 2:14 R1 by guillotine choke
- Soso Nizharadze def. Adam Gagiev by unanimous decision
- Arnaud Kherfallah def. Vakha Shankhoev 1:48 R1 by guillotine choke
- Zaur Gadzhibabaye def. Nikolay Savilov 4:33 R1 by KO
- Alexander Butenko def Eler Narmurzaev 5:00 R1 by technical submission
- Rubenilton Pereira def Lom-Ali Nalgiev 3:28 R1 by KO
- Busurmankul Abdibait def Diego Davella 4:14 R1 by KO
- Chris Kelades def Oleg Lichkovakha 1:38 R3 by kimura
- Aleksi Mantykivi def. Bashir Gagiev 1:06 R2 by guillotine choke
- Mikhail Ragozin def Joseph Henle 4:50 R3 by KO
- FW title: Khamzat Dalgiev def. Ivan Buchinger 2:35 R1 by KO