It was a night for the fans at Cage Warriors Fighting Championship 91 with Josh Reed in the main event, unfortunately for Reed he lost to Ross Houston by unanimous decision. CWFC 91 took place March 3rd at the Newport Centre in Newport, Wales with a main card webcast at UFC Fight Pass.
Brian Bouland and Josh Reed started out trading kicks as they battled for the center of the cage. Bouland drove Reed to the cage where Reed started an arm-in guillotine before being taken down where Bouland quickly escaped the submission. Bouland escaped Reed’s guard and stood over Reed then landed a powerful right to the face of Reed not once but three times with the third causing the TKO. Bouland’s second appearance in CWFC improved his record to 7-1 with two wins in a row, Reed’s second loss in a row left his record 7-2.
The co-main event was a rematch between Ross Houston and Aaron Khalid with Khalid looking for redemption after losing their first war. This bout was all Reed from his knockdown in round 1 through his pounding away from inside guard that at the final bell. Khalid deserves credit for going the distance and was always in the fight but was just outscored by Reed who took the unanimous decision 30-25, 30-27, and 30-26. With the win Houston remained undefeated at 6-0. Khalid dropped to 6-4.
CWFC returns March 24th with a “Super Saturday” show headlined by Nathanial Wood vs. Luca Iovine for the bantamweight title, Mauro Cerelli faces Karl Moore over the heavyweight belt.
CWFC 91 results
- Sean Scrivens def. Rob Bennett by unanimous decision
- Greg Cuthbert def. Alex Ianculescu by unanimous decision
- Seb Alfarez vs. Jamie Tungate declared a split draw
- Oban Elliot def. Liam Shotbolt 1:01 R1 by TKO
- Cameron Clarke def. Callum Hanman by unanimous decision
- Mateusz Figlak def. Josh Hudson 1:21 R1 by TKO
- Scott Malone def. Jason Jenkins by unanimous decision
- Phil Well def. Daniel Cassell 2:55 R1 by heel hook
- Mason Jones def. Lawrence Tracey 1:41 R2 by TKO
- Cory McKenna def. Maria Vittoria Colonna 5:00 R1 by TKO
- Kris Edwards def. Gavin Kelly 2:43 R2 by TKO
- Donovan Desmae def. Richard Williams 2:56 R1 by TKO
- Ross Houston def. Aaron Khalid by unanimous decision
- Brian Bouland def. Josh Reed 2:52 R1 by TKO