Mara Romero became the first Italian national to win at Invicta FC when she defeated Milana Dudieva by split decision. Invicta FC 24 took place July 15th at the Scottish Rite Temple in Kansas City, MO with a webcast at UFC Fight Pass.
Milana Dudieva took the first round of the main event with a judo throw to get Borella to the mat early and a guillotine choke attempt when Borella scored her own takedown late in the round. Round 2 was Romero’s as her ground-and-pound scored while round 3 saw Borella score with more ground strikes while Dudieva came close with a triangle choke and armbar attempt. In the end the judges gave the split decision to Borella who now holds a record of 11-4 while Dudieva fell to 11-6.
In the co-main event Jinh Yu Frey survived multiple armbar attempts from Ashley Cummins to win a unanimous decision. While the two fighters were fairly evenly matched on the feet Frey took Cummins down throughout the fight which seemed fine with Cummins. Frey stayed on top for most of the fight firing off punches which largely didn’t score while Cummins pursued armbar after armbar. After three rounds Frey was declared the winner by unanimous decision as her record improved to 6-2 Cummins fell to 5-4.
Invicta return on August 31st where Yana Kunitskaya faces Raquel Pa’aluhi in the main event, Livia Renata Souza takes on Jodie Esquibel in the co-main feature.
Invicta FC 24 results
- Felicia Spencer def. Amy Coleman 3:17 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Sunna Rannveig def. Kelly D’Angelo by unanimous decision
- Miranda Maverick def. Gabby Romero by unanimous decision
- Karina Rodriguez def. Barbara Acioly 2:14 R1 by TKO
- Pam Sorenson def. Helena Kolesnyk 3:12 R1 by armbar
- Jinh Yu Frey def. Ashley Cummins by unanimous decision
- Mara Romero Borella def. Milana Dudieva by split decision