Karl Amoussou claimed the vacant Cage Warriors Fighting Championship welterweight title with a TKO of Matt Inman while in the co-main event Brad Wheeler overran Warren Kee. CWFC 80 took place February 18th at the Indigo at the O2 in London, England with a main card webcast at UFC Fight Pass.
The first three minutes of the main event between Karl Amoussou and Matt Inman were a feeling out process, mostly with Amoussou firing off his left jab and the occasional leg kick while Inman was more tentative. Amoussou fired off an overhand right that knocked Inman off balance while a follow-up flurry of punches from Amoussou finished the fight by TKO. Amoussou now holds the welterweight title with a record of 24-7 with seven wins in a row, Inman dropped to 10-9 with his modest two-win streak halted.
In the co-main event 26 year-old Brad Wheeler defeated 43 year-old Warren Kee by TKO, also at welterweight. Wheeler appeared on the verge of finishing the fight in the first minute of round one as he used strikes to drive Kee against the cage and fired off several knees. Kee came back to bloody Wheeler’s nose late in the fight but for the most part lost the round. Round 2 saw more of Wheeler drive Kee to the fence as Kee wore down. A body blow to Kee’s midsection finally crumpled Kee to one knee while a couple follow-up punches caused the TKO. Wheeler’s record improved to 16-10 with his only loss in eight fights or four years being to Scott Clist last April. Kee emerged 8-5 with his only win in his last six fights or five years being over Phil Wells last June.
CWFC 80 results
- Declan McAleenan def. Thomas Terdjman 3:28 R2 by triangle choke
- Aiden Lee def. Fabian Gallinaro 1:06 R1 by inverted heel hook
- Djati Melan def. Arvydas Juska 4:51 R1 by TKO
- Craig White def. Thomas Robertsen 4:57 R1 by triangle choke
- Alexander Jacobsen def. Tim Wilde 3:53 R1 by TKO
- Anthony Diaz def. Martin Stapleton by unanimous decision
- Brad Wheeler def. Warren Kee 1:42 R2 by TKO
- WW title: Karl Amoussou def. Matt Inman 3:13 R1 by TKO