With a fifth-round submission of Adrian Miles UFC and Bellator vet Rodney Wallace took the Hard Knocks Fighting Championship light heavyweight belt. HKFC 47 took place November 13th at the Century Casino in Calgary, Alberta, Canada with a webcast pay-per-view through the promotion’s website, a main card broadcast on The Fight Network.
Wallace was a hot prospect in 2009 entering the UFC with a 9-0 record, unfortunately his record in the Octagon was 0-3. Now 33 years old Wallace is still a couple steps away from possibly making another run at the spotlight but this win was a good start. Wallace now stands 24-10 as he builds on the split decision over Kalib Starnes that earned him this shot. Miles drops to 15-8.
In the co-main event Lyndon Whitlock bounced back from a loss to Mike Hernandez by picking up a unanimous decision over Noah Ali. Whitlock has never lost a decision in his 10-5 record, Ali drops to 6-3 with his first decision loss to date.
Canada’s most significant promotion are now off until January 29th when Joel Powell makes his return.
HKFC 47 results
- Gerra Goosen def. Myles Sayer 0:52 R1 by TKO
- Austin Russell def. Ruben Lopez by unanimous decision
- Justin Basra def. Joe Mapanda 1:53 R2 by rear-naked choke
- Alex Martinez def. Tom Theocharis 2:33 R2 by armbar
- T.J. Laramie def. Luke Noel 1:16 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Lyndon Whitlock def. Noah Ali by unanimous decision
- LHW title: Rodney Wallace def. Adrian Miles 2:36 R5 by rear-naked choke