Undefeated Harrison faces TUF vet Lentz at ROC 49
Due to Ring of Combat’s success as a feeder promotion the belts are vacated almost as fast as they are won, Chris Wade vacating the lightweight title to move up to the UFC being the most recent. This weekend at ROC 49 five titles are once again on the line with four being vacant. ROC 49 takes place September 19th at the Tropicana Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, NJ with a pay-per-view webcast at GoFightLive.com.
In the main event Andre Harrison and Jeff Lentz square off for the lightweight belt Wade vacated. Andre Harrison has spent his entire career in Ring of Combat where he remains undefeated at 6-0 including capturing the ROC regional title by defeating Matias Vasquez in June by TKO, his second win in a row by KO after starting his career with three decisions and a rear-naked choke. TUF Season 12 vet Jeff Lentz is mainly known for his victory over Anthony Leone in Bellator in 2011 before taking just under two years off from MMA. When Lentz did return it was to face Scott Heckman for the CFFC title, a fight Lentz lost after five grueling rounds by unanimous decision that left Lentz 9-4-1.
Making his first defense of the flyweight title Jimmy Grant takes on Matt Rizzo, a rematch of their June fight which won Grant the title. In that first match Lentz officially knocked out Rizzo in 1:47 bringing the 27 year-old to 5-1. The loss to Lentz broke Rizzo’s four-win streak with Rizzo’s only other loss also being by KO back in 2012 for an overall record of 6-2.
ROC 49 card:
- Jenna Serio vs. Jill Valenzuela
- Randall Brown vs. Leonard Simpson
- Cody Mooney vs. Somner Martin
- Ryan King vs. Michael Elshamy
- Max Bohanan vs. Brandon Priest
- Gregor Gillespie vs. Justin Harrington
- Anthony Facchini vs. Dan Corchado
- Merab Dvalishvili vs. Dennis Dombrow
- Oluwale Bamgbose s. Steve Nichols
- Pat DeFranco vs. Mervin Rodriguez
- Julio Arce vs. Jake Grigson
- Flyweight title: Jimmy Grant vs. Matt Rizzo
- LW title: Jeff Lentz vs. Andre Harrison