UFC announces TUF 21
During last weekend’s UFC 184 festivities, the UFC announced the next season of “The Ultimate Fighter.” The 21st season of the reality show will feature competitors from American Top Team and the Blackzilians.
The two gyms have a heated rivalry that dates back to 2011. A group of ATT fighters left the gym and formed the Blackzilians with leader Glenn Robinson. On the show, ATT will be represented by long-time leader and manager Dan Lambert. The winning team will receive $500,000.
The follow competitors have been announced for the show:
American Top Team
- Marcelo Alfaya (16-7) Porto Alegre, Brazil
- Steve Carl (21-4), Belle Plain, Iowa
- Nathan Coy (14-5), Vallejo, Calif.
- Michael Graves (4-0), Toledo, Ohio
- Hayder Hassan (6-1), Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Sabah Homasi (8-4), New Brunswick, N.J.
- Uros Jurisic (5-0), Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Steve Montgomery (8-2), Florence, S.C.
- Valdir Araujo (14-5), Gama, Federal District, Brazil
- Carrington Banks (3-0), Peoria, Ill.
- Luiz Buscape (16-5), Joao Pessoa, Paraiba, Brazil
- Jason Jackson (4-2), Kingston, Jamaica
- Vicente Luque (7-4-1), Westwood, N.J.
- Andrews Nakahara (4-2-2), Mogi das Cruzes, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Felipe Portela (8-2), Brasilia, Brazil
- Kamarudeen Usman (5-1) Auchi, Nigeria
Since the reality show began in 2005 five competitors have gone on to win UFC titles. The list includes Carla Esparza, T.J. Dillashaw, Matt Serra, Rashad Evans and Forrest Griffin.