Both Raufeon Stots and Yuri Villefort defended their Victory Fighting Championship titles with bantamweight Stots defeating Arnold Berdon in the main event, welterweight Villefort defeating Victor Moreno in the co-main. VFC 59 took place December 16th at the Baxter Arena in Omaha, NB with a main card webcast at UFC Fight Pass.
Arnold Berdon tried to move forward with strikes while defending the takedowns from Raufeon Stots while Stots repeatedly tried to take the fight to the ground. About four minutes into the fight Stots shot in and got Berdon to the ground then quickly transitioned to a rear-naked choke for the victory. Stots’ first defense of the bantamweight title saw his record climb to 8-1 with this being a bounce back from his first career loss, Berdon dropped to 6-2 with his three-fight win streak broken.
Victor Moreno got a little too aggressive in the co-main event against Yuri Villefort. The three-time title challenger moved forward behind jabs to drive Villefort against the cage then shot in for a takedown only to find himself in a fight-ending guillotine choke all in under thirty seconds. Villefort’s first defense of the welterweight title improved his record to 11-5 with five wins in a row, Moreno fell to 39-24.
VFC 59 results
- Scott Futrell def. Seth Bass 0:17 R2 by TKO
- Dan Moret def. Alonzo Martinez 1:39 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Austin Vanderford def. Kenny Licea 4:03 R2 by rear-naked choke
- Troy Nawrocki def. Tower Robinson by unanimous decision
- Bryce Logan def. Josh Pfeifer by unanimous decision
- WW title: Yuri Villefort def. Victor Moreno 0:29 R1 by guillotine choke
- BW title: Raufeon Stots def. Arnold Berdon 4:36 R1 by rear-naked choke