Legacy Fighting Alliance 33 may have had no title fights but seven of the twelve main-card fighters entered the cage undefeated with two such fighters, Kyle Stewart and Jaleel Willis, squaring off in the main event. LFA 33 took place February 16th at the Bomb Factory in Dallas, TX with a main card broadcast on AS TV.
A defense-oriented strategy took Kyle Stewart to victory over Jaleel Willis in the main event. Willis spent much of the fight trying to take Stewart down which largely negated Stewart’s original striking strategy. As Willis went for single and double legs against the cage Stewart showed great balance as he avoided or stuffed most of Willis’ takedowns. Willis took the first round with positioning and minor scoring while Stewart edged out Willis in the second and third with positioning and minor striking of his own to take the unanimous decision. Stewart’s record remains perfect at 9-0, Willis’ first pro MMA loss left his record 8-1.
Much of the rest of the card was rather one-sided including the co-main event between UFC vet Damon Jackson and Chris Pecero. Jackson caught a kick form Pecero and took him to the ground where he locked in an arm-triangle choke and passed to side control for the submission win in just 0:38. Jackson now stands 14-2, Pecero fell to 14-8.
LFA and predecessors LFC and RFA have a long history of supporting the women’s divisions fielding fighters such as Mackenzie Dern and Andrea Lee while this show featured Maycee Barber. Barber had a promo interview broadcast hyping her which was good for the fight and division but with no such support for her opponent the move made it seem this was a “building” fight and not serious competition. The fight was unsurprisingly one-sided as Barber basically pushed Kaila Thompson to the ground then easily avoided guard to sink in a rear-naked choke in just 0:31 in an almost laughable bout. Barber showed potential and appears to be a quality fighter but this bout did little to really advance her career beyond improving her record to 3-0. Thompson fell to 1-2.
Also on the main card Rami\z Brahimaj, Alonzo Menifield, and Kevin Wirth all remained undefeated with victories over Bilal Williams, Brice Ritani-Coe, and Isaiah Gutierrez respectively.
AXS TV premiers the “Cageside” series next week then returns to live action March 2nd for LFA 34 and March 9th for LFA 35.
LFA 33 results
- Steven Orozco def. Rashaad Robinson by unanimous decision
- Daniel Lemons def. Edgardo Guzman by unanimous decision
- Douglas Serrano def. Daniel Gabriel by split decision
- Austin Lingo def. Omar Benjar 2:26 R1 by TKO
- Greg Hardy def. Ryan Chester 0:14 R1 by KO
- Kevin Wirth def. Isaiah Gutierrez 3:33 R3 by TKO
- Alonzo Menifield def. Brice Ritani-Coe 2:41 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Ramiz Brahimaj def. Bilal Williams 4:10 R3 by rear-naked choke
- Maycee Barber def. Kaila Thompson 0:31 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Damon Jackson def. Chris Pecero 0:38 R1 by arm triangle choke
- Kyle Stewart def. Jaleel Willis by unanimous decision
- Hailey Cowan def. Jeniece Gamez 0:10 R2 by TKO
- Victor Altamirano def. Chris Salinas 4:59 R1 by armbar