Stacked XFC 26 card Oct. 18 in Nashville
Xtreme Fighting Championships continues their 2013 tour of the United States with "XFC 26: Night of Champions III" set to take place Friday, Oct. 18, at the historic Municipal Auditorium in downtown Nashville, Tenn. The event will broadcast live on AXStv at 10 p.m. ET.
The event will be headlined with a lightweight title bout between undefeated XFC 155-pound champ Scott "Hot Sauce" Holtzman (5-0) and 22-fight veteran Roger "The Leperechaun" Carroll (13-9). The bout will mark Holtzman's first title defense as XFC champion.
Holtzman won the XFC lightweight title back in June after stopping inaugural XFC 155-pound champ John Mahlow in the second round at XFC 24. Holtzman and Mahlow battled it out for the lightweight strap after former champ Nick Newell was stripped of the title earlier this year after refusing to fight Holtmzan and signing with rival promotion World Series of Fighting.
Holtzman's entire pro MMA career has been fought inside the XFC cage and he has finished four of his five opponents. Hailing from Knoxville, Tenn., Holtzman has spent much of this camp training at the MMA Lab in Arizona with former UFC lightweight champ Benson Henderson.
Carroll has been fighting professionally since 2008. The North Carolina product has been in the cage with a who's who list of competitors. His last fight inside the XFC cage was in February at XFC 23 when he defeated Josh Eagans via second round submission.
Co-headlining XFC 26 will be a women's flyweight championship bout between Cortney "Cast Iron" Casey (1-0) and Pearl Gonzalez (1-1). Both ladies won their XFC debuts earlier this year, with Casey scoring a first round submission over Kelly Warren in June, and Gonzalez defeating Suzie Montero via first round submission in February.
Other AXStv televised bouts for this card include Jason Hicks vs. Deivison Ribeiro, Bellator vet Luis "Sapo" Santos vs. Mauricio Alonso, Brianna Van Buren vs. Heather Jo Clark, and two of Tennessee's top featherweights, Luke Sanders vs. Zach Underwood. Nate Landwehr vs. Keith Richardson will serve as the TV swing bout which will air if time permits.
The complete XFC 26 fight card includes:
• Main Event: Roger “The Leprechaun” Carroll (13-9) vs Scott “Hot Sauce” Holtzman (5-0)
• Co-Main Event: Cortney “Cast Iron” Casey (1-0) vs Pearl Gonzalez (1-1) @ Women’s Flyweight Championship
• Feature Bout: Jason “The Ronin” Hicks (5-1) vs Deivison “Dragon” Ribeiro (24-9) @ Featherweight 145 lbs.
• Mauricio Alonso (9-4) vs Luis “Sapo” Santos (58-8-1)
• Brianna “The Bull” Van Buren (1-1) vs “Hurricane” Heather Jo Clark (5-4) @ Women’s Strawweight 115 lbs.
• Opening Bout: Luke Sanders (5-0) vs. Zach “Thunderwood” Underwood (11-4) @ Featherweight 145 lbs.
• Nate “The Train” Landwehr (2-1) vs Keith “The Rockstar” Richardson (9-4) @ Featherweight 145 lbs. (TV Swingbout)
• Gerric Hayes (8-9) vs Nate Jolly (12-5) @ Welterweight 170 lbs.
• Ben Brewer (3-1) vs Anthony Lemon (4-2)
• Kenny Degenhardt (3-0) vs Brian Hall (7-1)
• Jason Gifford (1-0) vs Mario Scott (2-1)
• Cromwell Stewart (Pro Debut) vs. Willie Taylor Jr. (Pro Debut)