Shlemenko defeats Bradley, Kunchenko remains undefeated at M-1 Challenge 75
Former Bellator middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko defeated his second UFC vet in a row with a unanimous decision over Paul Bradley. M-1 Challenge 75 took place March 3rd at the Olympic Sports Complex in Moscow, Russia with a webcast through the promotion’s website.
Paul Bradley tried valiantly to take Shlemenko down but the Russian was having noe of it as he defended most of Bradley’s shots while punishing the American on every entry. Shlemenko’s offense was mostly from range especially with his kicks, his famous spinning attacks largely being absent. In the end the decision went to Shlemenko whose record improved to 54-9, 3-0 since his last Bellator fight and 4-0 with one “no contest” since losing that organization’s belt. Bradley’s second loss in a row left his record 23-8.
In the co-main event Alexey Kunchenko remained undefeated as he defended the welterweight title against Maxim Grabovich. Grabovich deserves credit as a late replacement for going the distance against the feared striker but in the end it was a lopsided unanimous decision for the champion. Kunchenko now stands 16-0 with this being his second title defense, Grabovich emerged 5-3 with his five-win streak broken.
M-1 Challenge 75 results
- Roman Bogatov def. Alexey Sotnikov 1:56 R1 by arm-triangle choke
- Danila Prikaza def. Arda Adas 1:54 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Young Bok Kil vs. Viktor Kolesnik declared a draw
- Abubakar Mestoev def. Niko Samsonidse by unanimous decision
- Raul Tutarauli def. Mohamed Grabinski 3:50 R2 by TKO
- Valery Myasnikov def. Amilcar Alves 2:59 R1 by KO
- Carlos Eduardo def. Boris Polejay by unanimous decision
- Maxim Divnich def. Keon Caldwell 3:03 R2 by TKO
- Sergey Romanov def. Magomed Sultanakhmedov by unanimous decision
- Alexey Kunchenko def. Maxim Grabovich by unanimous decision
- Alexander Shlemenko def. Paul Bradley by unanimous decision