Sage Northcutt vs. Cody Pfister added to UFC Fight Night 80 in December
A lightweight showdown between young phenom Sage Northcutt (6-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and Cody Pfister (12-4-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) has been added to December’s UFC Fight Night 80 card in Las Vegas.
The bout was announced by the UFC on Monday through social media.
Northcutt is coming off a highly impressive 57-second TKO win over Francisco Trevino at UFC 192 earlier this month. Having been discovered by Dana White while fighting for Legacy FC, the 19-year-old Texas native has stopped all six of the opponents he’s faced, five in the first round.
Northcutt was featured on “Looking for a Fight”, a new reality show on UFC Fight Pass that showcases up-and-coming talent being scouted by the UFC.
Pfister is 25-years-old and is also from Texas. He’s 1-1 inside the UFC Octagon, most recently defeating Yosdenis Cedeno via unanimous decision in July after dropping a submission to James Moontasri in February.
UFC Fight Night 80 is headlined with a women’s strawweight match-up between Paige VanZant and Joanne Calderwood. The event will emanate from The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas on Dec. 10 and will stream exclusively on UFC Fight Pass.
With this latest addition, UFC Fight Night 80 now includes:
- Joanne Calderwood vs. Paige VanZant
- Sage Northcutt vs. Cody Pfister
- Michael Chiesa vs. Jim Miller
- Thiago “Marreta” Santos vs. Elias Theodorou
- Kevin Casey vs. Antonio Carlos Junior
- Omari Akhmedov vs. Lyman Good
- John Howard vs. Tim Means
- Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Andreas Stahl
- Michael Graves vs. Danny Roberts
- Phillipe Nover vs. Zubaira Tukhugov
- Kailin Curran vs. Emily Kagan
- Johnny Eduardo vs. Aljamain Sterling