Results from the Inaugural French MMA Championships
MONTE CARLO, Monaco (April 20, 2017) — The inaugural French MMA Championships, sanctioned by the World MMA Association (WMMAA), was recently held in Geneva, Switzerland.
The National Commission Kenpô & AMM successfully organized this event despite several obstacles. French athletes had the opportunity for the first time to compete under the rules of amateur MMA during a French Championship, organized exclusively for them by the “French Federation”, under the aegis of the WMMAA, whose honorary vice-president is none other than “The Last Emperor,” Fedor Emelianenko.
No injuries were reported during the competition and good sportsmanship was exhibited by all. There were many exciting fights between competitors representing clubs from all across France, including some well-known by the public in martial arts and combat sports. A large, passionate crowd encouraged the fighters from start to finish.
It was announced that the 2nd annual MMA French Championships will be held next year in Geneva on April 7 & 8.
Below find complete results from the inaugural French MMA Championships:
FRENCH MMA CHAMPIONSHIPS – FINAL RESULTS
BANTAMWEIGHT DIVISION: -61.2 kg (135 lbs.)
- 1st — Oualid Abdelbaki (Long Jing)
- 2nd — Eliot Lepetit (Long Jing)
- 3rd — Abdellah Bellaoui (FFA)
FEATHERWEIGHT DIVISION: -65.8 kg (145 lbs.)
- 1st — Nicolas Robin (FFA)
- 2nd — Mehdi Medjahdi (Long Jing)
- 3rd — Alexandre Alanvert (Yoseikan Kenpo)
LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISION: -70.3 kg (154 lbs.)
- 1st — Mihail Poia
- 2nd — Grégoire Cottuneau (Kabuto Fight Team)
- 3rd — Ali Miloua
WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION: -77.1 kg (170 lbs.)
- 1st — Emeric Rust (FFA)
- 2nd — Anthony Ynna (Kenpo Nord Isère)
- 3rd — Benoit Mallet (Kabuto Fight Team)
MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION: -84 kg (185 lbs.)
- 1st — Samir Medjahdi (Long Jing)
- 2nd — Alexis Jeanguillaume (Team Lopez)
- 3rd — Florian Faguet (Yoseikan Kenpo)
HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION: +93 kg (+205 lbs.)
- 1st — Pawel Ciebiera (FFA)
- 2nd — Ayoub Bentouhami (FFA)
- 3rd — Tanguy Maroleau (Kabuto Fight Team)