A women’s strawweight matchup between Viviane Pereira (12-0) and Jamie Moyle (4-1) has been added to June’s UFC 212 card in Brazil. UFC officials announced the bout over the weekend.
UFC 212 will take place June 3 from Jeunesse Arena in Rio de Janeiro. An featherweight championship unification bout between champion Jose Aldo and interim champ Max Holloway will serve as the headliner.
Pereira made a successful octagon debut at UFC 206 in December with a split decision nod over Valerie Letourneau. Before that the 23-year-old Dragon Kombat product had been competing on the Brazilian regional circuit for such promotions as Aspera Fighting Championship, XFC International and Bitteti Combat where she won belts at flyweight and strawweight. Since making her pro MMA debut in 2013, Pereira is unbeaten with 12 straight wins, including two by submission and four by knockout.
Following a stint on The Ultimate Fighter 23, Moyle made her promotional debut in December when she bested Kailin Curran via unanimous decision at the TUF 24 Finale. The 28-year-old Syndicate MMA fighter had been competing under the Invicta FC banner prior to that where she picked up wins over Jenny Liou Shriver, JJ Aldrich and Amy Montenegro before dropping a decision to Sharon Jacobson at Invicta FC 14 in September 2015.
The updated UFC 212 card includes:
- Featherweight Title Unification: José Aldo (c) vs. Max Holloway (ic)
- Middleweight: Anderson Silva vs. TBD
- Women’s Strawweight: Cláudia Gadelha vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
- Middleweight: Paulo Henrique Costa vs. Oluwale Bamgbose
- Welterweight: Erick Silva vs. Yancy Medeiros
- Lightweight: Leonardo Santos vs. Olivier Aubin-Mercier
- Middleweight: Antônio Carlos Júnior vs. Eric Spicely
- Flyweight: Marco Beltrán vs. Deiveson Alcântara
- Bantamweight: Johnny Eduardo vs. Matthew Lopez
- Women’s Strawweight: Viviane Pereira vs. Jamie Moyle
- Bantamweight: Raphael Assunção vs. Marlon Moraes
Stay close to www.adcombat.com for all your BJJ and MMA news.