Bragging rights for the historic “AXS TV Fights Olympics” went to Resurrection Fighting Alliance as the Colorado-based promotion’s flyweight champion Alexandre Pantoja put Legacy FC champion Damacio Page to sleep while in the “head-to-head fights Bojan Velickovic and Adam Townsend were victorious for RFA. LFC managed to take one bout with Brian Hall defeating Kevin Gray. As far as the individual title fights Luke Sanders made a successful first defense of the RFA bantamweight title while Mike Bronzoulis took home the vacant LFC lightweight belt. Yes, it was a really long night! AXS TV Fights – RFA vs. Legacy Superfight took place May 8th at the Horseshoe Tunica Resort and Casino in Robinsonville, MI with a main card broadcast on AXS TV.
Damacio Page took round 1 of the championship fight as he used unorthodox strikes to score on Pantoja while weathering the Brazilian’s strikes and escaping his submission attempts. Round 2 started out more of the same but near the end of the round Page dove into Pantoja’s guard to finish only to find himself in a triangle choke. With his corner counting down the few seconds remaining in the round Page refused to tap and instead went unconscious, a fact that was only discovered after the round ended and the ref separated the fighters. With the win Pantoja wins the inaugural AXS TV Fights flyweight title while his record improves to 12-2 with nine wins in a row. Page exits 19-10 but still the LFC champion.
Luke Sanders’ first defense of the RFA bantamweight belt was a rather one-sided display of power and accuracy with Terrion Ware’s major achievement being making it through five rounds. Ware had his moments when he would score particularly in the fifth round but for the most part Sanders steamrolled over the perennial gatekeeper. Sanders remains undefeated at 10-0, Ware drops to 13-4.
For the LFC lightweight belt Bellator vet Mike Bronzoulis gave Dave Burrow a taste of his own standup as he used a kick-heavy attack while having the edge on the ground. Bronzoulis picks up his third win in a row to stand 18-8, Burrow’s five-win streak is broken as he falls to 13-6.
At this time there is no word on a second AXS Fights show however LFC return June 26th with Anthony Njokuani facing Josh Quayhagen, RFA don’t have another event officially announced.
AXS TV Fights results
- Wesley Sharp def. Pat Crumpton 1:09 R1 by guillotine choke
- Jeff Lamar def. Wade Bare 2:47 R1 by arm-triangle choke
- Luis Pena def. Will Beard 1:52 R1 by brabo choke
- Anthony Wilkerson def. Kevin Henry 2:32 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Shae Taylor def. Scott Stober by unanimous decision
- Hunter Joffre def. David Kehl 1:34 R1 by armbar
- Amberlynn Orr def. Toni Tallman 2:13 R1 by armbar
- Nick Davis def. Lawrence Purifoy 3:45 R2 by rear-naked choke
- Bryce Mitchell def. Jesse Sanderson 2:09 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Bobby Taylor def. T.J. Brown 1:56 R1 by TKO
- Tyler Hill def. Justin Hartley 3:18 R1 by KO
- LFC vs. RFA: Bojan Velickovic def. Charles Byrd by unanimous decision
- LFC vs. RFA: Brian Hall def. Kevin Gray 1:59 R1 by guillotine choke
- LFC vs. RFA: Adam Townsend def. Yuri Villefort by unanimous decision
- LFC LW title: Mike Bronzoulis def. Dave Burrow by unanimous decision
- RFA BW title: Luke Sanders def. Terrion Ware by unanimous decision
- AXS TV flyweight title: Alexandre Pantoja def. Damacio Page 5:00 R2 by triangle choke