From FUEL TV:
UFC® Buoys Network, Continues to DeliverAudience Records
LOS ANGELES, CA – FUEL TV is on a ratings roll in 2012, and that trendcontinued in April. FOX Sports Media Group’s dynamic sports network for malescontinues as television’s fastest-growing cable network last month and for theyear, according to figures released by Nielsen Media Research. FUEL TV hasrecorded the largest year-to-year percentage increases of total viewers in bothprime time and total day in April and this year among all rated, ad-supportedcable networks.
FUEL TV saw the prime and late night viewership growth powered by 340 hours ofUltimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) programming in April, including a livebout on April 14 that delivered FUEL TV the most-watched day and most-watchedshow in its target demo ever. FUEL TV’s 340 hours of UFC programming in Aprilis up from 213 hours in March, and sets a single month mark, passing theprevious record of 233 set in February.
FUEL TV April 2012 Audience Highlights:
· April 2012 was up +260% in Total Viewers and +450% in M18-49 vs. April 2011;
· Prime time viewership grew +275% on Total Viewers and +250% among M18-49compared to April 2011;
· Late night finished up +767% on Total Viewers and +1000% among M18-49 fromApril 2011;
· UFC on FUEL TV Fight Night on April 14 delivered the most-watched day innetwork history (on both Total Viewers and M18-49) with an average of 71,000Total Viewers and 44,000 M18-49, +1320% and +2100%, respectively, vs. April2011;
· UFC on FUEL TV Fight Night on April 14 was the second most-watched program innetwork history, with 197,000 Total Viewers and the most-watched telecast innetwork history among the target demo of M18-49 with 142,000;
· The program peaked at 298,000 Total Viewers from 5:30pm ET – 5:45pm ET.
· April 2012 was the network’s second most-watched month ever, behind February2012.
· For the first four months of 2012, prime time viewership is averaging anincrease of +209% over 2011, and total day is up +125% compared to 2011.
"We’re elated that FUEL TV continues to see incredible ratings gains as adirect result of our UFC partnership, especially the live eventaudiences," says George Greenberg, Executive Vice President and GeneralManager, FUEL TV. "I look forward to more live fights, as well as all-newUFC shoulder programming that continue to help our FUEL TV brand grow inratings."
FUEL TV telecasts the prelims for UFC ON FOX: DIAZ VS. MILLER on May 5 at 5:00PM ET and wraps coverage with its Postfight Show at 10:00 PM ET. The network’snext live fight is Tuesday, April 15 with UFC ON FUEL TV: KOREAN ZOMBIE VS.POIRIER.
In 2012, FUEL TV telecasts more than 2,000 hours of UFC programming, with morethan 100 hours of live fights, weigh-ins, preliminary bouts, and pre- andpostfight shows. In this year, FUEL TV offers more UFC programming than anynetwork has ever offered. Below are the April ’12 vs. April ’11 ratingscomparisons:
For a complete listing of FUEL TV shows, go to: http://www.fuel.tv/schedule/.For more information, go to www.fuel.tv,www.fuel.tv/ufc, onFacebook at: www.facebook.com/fueltv,and on Twitter at: @fueltv, #UFConFUELTV
To find out FUEL TV on your television, go to www.fuel.tv/getfueltv,or call 877-4 FUEL-TV.