Featherweights Jared “Flash” Gordon (12-1) and Michel “El Capo” Quinones (8-1) will make their octagon debuts against one another at UFC 211. The promotion announced the bout on Tuesday.
UFC 211 will be held May 13 at American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. Stipe Miocic defends his heavyweight title in a rematch with Junior dos Santos in the main event, while Joanna Jedrzejczyk defends her strawweight belt against Jessica Andrade in the co-main event.
Gordon was discovered through Dana White’s “Lookin’ for a Fight” reality series in February when he successfully defended his Cage Fury FC featherweight title against Bill Algeo via unanimous decision at CFFC 63 in Atlantic City. The 28-year-old Renzo Gracie Jiu-Jitsu product is currently riding a three-fight winning streak that also included stoppages of Dawond Pickney and Anthony Morrison under the CFFC banner in 2016. Gordon has finished five of his 12 career wins via knockout and two by submission.
Quinones comes in riding a four-fight winning streak, most recently earning a unanimous decision over Caio Uruguai at Titan FC 43 in January. Prior to that “El Capo” had scored three straight first-round knockouts over Billy Kidd, Matt McCook and Billy Quarantillo in Florida’s Absolute Fighting Championship promotion. The 32-year-old Team WolfPack fighter has finished five of his eight victories via knockout.
With this announcement, UFC 211 now includes:
- Stipe Miocic vs. Junior dos Santos
- Jędrzejczyk vs. Jéssica Andrade
- Demian Maia vs. Jorge Masvidal
- Henry Cejudo vs. Sergio Pettis
- Frankie Edgar vs. Yair Rodriguez
- Enrique Barzola vs. Gabriel Benitez
- Antigulov vs. J. Christensen
- Eddie Alvarez vs. Dustin Poirier
- Dave Branch vs. Krzysztof Jotko
- James Vick vs. Polo Reyes
- Chas Skelly vs. Jason Knight
- Jessica Aguilar vs. Cortney Casey
- Poberezhets vs. Chase Sherman
- Jared Gordon vs. Michel Quinones
Stay close to www.adcombat.com for all your BJJ and MMA news updates.