Bantamweights Pedro Munhoz (13-2) and Damian Stasiak (10-3) have agreed to fight on May’s UFC Fight Night 109 card in Sweden. The promotion recently announced the bout.
UFC Fight Night 109 will be held May 28 at Ericsson Globe in Stockholm. Alexander Gustafsson will face fellow top light heavyweight contender Glover Teixeira in the main event.
Munhoz is coming off back-to-back submission wins in 2016. “The Young Punisher” snapped a guillotine choke on Russell Doane at UFC Fight Night 90 in July of last year, then returned in November with another guillotine choke stoppage, this time against Justin Scoggins at UFC Fight Night 100. He earned “Performance of the Night” awards in both fights and has now finished eight of his 13 wins via submission. The former RFA bantamweight champion has gone 3-2, with 1 No Contest since signing with the UFC in 2014.
Stasiak is also known for his submission game, and like Munhoz, has forced his last two opponents to tapout. Following a decision loss to Yaotzin Meza in his UFC debut in April 2015, Stasiak rebounded with a rear-naked choke finish of Filip Pejic at UFC Fight Night 86 in April 2016, and most recently tapped Davey Grant out with an armbar at UFC 204 last October. Seven of the Polish fighter’s 10 wins have been by submission.
With this addition, the latest UFC Fight Night 109 card includes:
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Glover Teixeira
- Christian Colombo vs. Damian Grabowski
- Jack Hermansson vs. Alex Nicholson
- Misha Cirkunov vs. Volkan Oezdemir
- Joaquim Silva vs. Mairbek Taisumov
- Chris Camozzi vs. Trevor Smith
- Ben Saunders vs. Peter Sobotta
- Emil Meek vs. Nordine Taleb
- Damir Hadzovic vs. Marcin Held
- Nico Musoke vs. Bojan Velickovic
- Pedro Munhoz vs. Damian Stasiak
Stay close to www.adcombat.com for all your BJJ and MMA news updates.