A razor-close but unanimous decision resulted in Invicta FC flyweight champion Jennifer Maia retaining the flyweight title against Agnieszka Niedzwiedz. Invicta FC 26 took place December 8th at the Scottish Rite Temple in Kansas City, MS with a webcast at UFC Fight Pass.
Fourteen months off from fighting didn’t seem to greatly affect Invicta FC flyweight champion Jennifer Maia in her second defense of the title. The 29 year-old Brazilian was in trouble in the first two rounds as Niedzwiedz pressed the attack with effective punching in both rounds. In the third the champion came back to assert control while the fourth and fifth rounds saw Maia land combinations while stuffing takedowns. In the end Maia was awarded the judges’ decision as her record climbed to 15-4-1, the first loss for Niedzwiedz left her record 10-1.
2015 ADCC Worlds gold medalist Mackenzie Dern showed continued emphasis on her standup en route to submitting Kaline Medeiros in the co-main event. Dern relied mainly on knees in the clinch and her overhand right to score most of her points through the first two rounds. In the third Mackenzie scored a takedown then transitioned from side control to full mount where she threw punches until hitting an armbar for the win. Dern’s perfect record remained intact at 6-0, Medeiros dropped to 6-2.
Invicta FC returns January 13th but at this time the only information regarding the fight card is Sarah Kaufman will headline against an unnamed opponent.
Invicta FC 26 results
- Kay Hansen def. Emilee Prince 1:23 R1 by armbar
- Karina Rodriguez def. Christine Ferea by unanimous decision
- Amber Brown def. Tessa Simpson 0:50 R1 by armbar
- Virna Jandiroba def. Amy Montenegro 2:50 R1 by armbar
- Vanessa Porto def. Milana Dudieva 3:02 R3 by TKO
- Janaisa Morandin def. Kinberly Novaes by unanimous decision
- Mackenzie Dern def. Kaline Medeiros 4:45 R3 by armbar
- Flyweight title: Jennifer Maia def. Agnieszka Niedzwiedz by unanimous decision