Veronica Macedo (5-1-1) has withdrawn from her scheduled bantamweight bout against Lina Lansberg (6-2) at UFC Fight Night 107. News of her withdrawal was made public on Tuesday though exact reasons for her removal were not disclosed. The promotion is currently in search of a late replacement to face Lansberg.
UFC Fight Night 107 will be held March 18 from The O2 Arena in London, England. Jimi Manuwa faces fellow light heavyweight Corey Anderson in the headliner.
Macedo made a short-notice octagon debut against Ashlee Evans-Smith at UFC Fight Night 93 this past September but was stopped via TKO in the third round. The 21-year-old Venezuelan fighter had been competing on the European circuit prior to that and was riding a five-fight winning streak before fighting to a draw against Iren Racz at Innferno FC last August. Macedo has three decisions, one KO and one submission win to her credit.
Lansberg had the unique opportunity of fighting Cris Cyborg in her UFC debut in September but was stopped in the second round. Before that the 34-year-old Swede was on a six-fight tear fighting in Europe where she finished four opponents by knockout. Lansberg is a former Superior Challenge bantamweight champion and has also competed at featherweight.
The current UFC Fight Night 107 card now includes:
- Corey Anderson vs. Jimi Manuwa
- Alan Jouban vs. Gunnar Nelson
- Henry Briones vs. Brad Pickett
- Arnold Allen vs. Makwan Amirkhani
- Joseph Duffy vs. Reza Madadi
- Francimar Barroso vs. Darren Stewart
- Timothy Johnson vs. Daniel Omielanczuk
- Marc Diakiese vs. Teemu Packalen
- Oluwale Bamgbose vs. Tom Breese
- Leon Edwards vs. Vicente Luque
- Ian Entwistle vs. Brett Johns
- Scott Askham vs. Brad Scott
- Lina Lansberg vs. TBA
Stay tuned for updates on this card.