The main event of Cage Warriors Fighting Championship 83 was rather disappointing as UFC vet Che Mills submitted to an injury almost as soon as his fight against Lewis Long started. CWFC 83 took place May 6th at the Newport Centre in Newport, Wales with a webcast at UFC Fight Pass.
Not much can be said about a fight that lasted eighteen seconds. Lewis Long circled Che Mills before shooting for a double leg but Mills started to tap as soon as he hit the ground apparently due to an injury to his right leg. Long’s quickest victory to date improves his record to 15-4 with three wins in a row and only one loss in his past nine fights. Mills’ attempted comeback leaves his record 16-10 with three losses and one “no contest” in his last four fights, his last victory being in May 2014.
Soren Bak largely lived up to the hype as he defeated Scott Clist in the co-main event. The age difference showed as 39 year-old Clist was largely ineffective at preventing 24 year-old Bak from taking him down in all three rounds or doing much off his back. Bak opened a cut on Clist’s head in round 1 that turned Clist’s bleach-blonde hair red, round 2 Clist managed to reverse into top position only to narrowly escapes a triangle choke, round 3 saw Bak again rake up points as he kept close for submissions and the occasional strikes. In the end Bak won all three rounds as his record improved to 8-1 with this fight being a follow-up to his first loss, Clist fell to 9-4.
CWFC 83 results
- Nicholas Ott def. Simon Maksimovic by unanimous decision
- Kris Edwards def. Damo Weeden 4:49 R2 by rear-naked choke
- Aiden Lee def. Kacper Formela 3:39 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Joe McColgan def. Richard Williams 4:59 R3 by guillotine choke
- Jack Shore def. Konmon Deh 4:46 R1 by armbar
- Giovanni Melillo def. Mohsen Bahari 2:42 R1 by KO
- Josh Reed def. Gavin Kelly 3:10 R1 by KO
- Soren Bak def. Scott Clist by unanimous decision
- Lewis Long def. Che Mills 0:18 R1 by TKO