Lightweight showdown between Marcus Edwards and Adam Townsend headlines LFA 5
A lightweight showdown headlines Legacy Fighting Alliance this weekend as Marcus Edwards takes on Adam Townsend. LFA 5 takes place February 24th at the 1stBank Center in Broomfield, CO with a main card broadcast on AXS TV.
Adam Townsend is well known to LFA fans as he fought for both LFC and RFA. Townsend stands 16-4 with his loss to Ernest Chavez in December 2015 being his only loss in ten fights or three years. Townsend returned from the loss to Chavez at RFA 33 to defeat Justin Hartley and Junior Assuncao with the Assuncao fight coming at 0:54 of the first round by TKO last July. 11-4 Marcus Edwards went 1-1 in Titan FC, holds a win over Thiago Alves in RFA, and defeated Billy Christianson in LFC with the Christianson TKO being his most recent coming in October.
In the co-main event Cory Sandhagen puts his undefeated record on the line against the more experienced Jamall Emmers. Sandhagen is 5-0 with his most recent fight being a unanimous decision over Clayton Wimer in his RFA debut in September. 10-3 Emmers lost to Thiago Moises for the RFA title last June then followed up with a unanimous decision over Rivaldo Junior last July.
- Flyweight: John DeCresenzo vs. Oscar Herrera
- WW: Cody Yohn vs. Josh Watson
- LW: Maurice Salazar vs. Enrique Gonzalez
- LW: Arut Pogosjan vs. Nicholi Navarro
- LW: Slobodan Maksimovic vs. Eric Grant
- Flyweight: Brandon Royval vs. Rakan Adwan
- LW: Le’Ville Simpson vs. Matt Johnson
- WW: Kris Hocum vs. Matthew Frincu
- FW: Cory Sandhagen vs. Jamall Emmers
- LW: Marcus Edwards vs. Adam Townsend