With her win over Jenny Huang at One Championship 53 Angela Lee made the first defense of the atomweight belt and remained undefeated in MMA. One Championship: “Warrior Kingdom” took place March 11th at the Impact Arena in Bangkok, Thailand with an iPPV through the promotion’s website.
Angela Lee’s defense of the atomweight title was nothing short of dominant. From range she out-struck Huang with kicks and combinations, from the clinch she scored with knees, and on the ground she showed why she is so hyped. In the third round Lee gave up her back only to find her arm trapped preventing her escape while Lee fired off punches to earn the TKO victory at the 3:37 mark. With the win Lee advanced to 7-1, Huang’s first loss leaves her record 4-1.
In the co-main event Shannon Wiratchai made Richard Corminal pay for moving forward at the wrong time. The first three minutes of the fight were close with both fighters throwing punches in an effort to set up a fight-ending attack. Corminal ended up moving forward to engage only to walk into a right hook while follow-up strikes drove Corminal to the cage until a flying knee from Wiratchai ended the fight by KO. Wiratchai’s fifth win in a row improved his record to 7-1, Corminal fell to 4-2.
One Championship results
- Pongsiri Mitsatit def. Rabin Catalan 4:45 R1 by TKO
- Kritsada Kongsrichai def. Adrian Matheis 2:51 R1 by TKO
- Ma Jia Wen def. Yohan Mulia Legowo 0:59 R2 by TKO
- Sagetdao Petpayathai def. Kelvin Ong 2:20 R1 by TKO
- Rika Ishige def. Audreylaura Boniface 4:32 R1 by TKO
- Yodsanan Sityodtong def. Ramon Gonzales 3:21 R2 by submission
- Joshua Pacio def. Dejdamrong Sor by split decision
- Shannon Wiratchai def. Richard Corminal 3:37 R1 by KO
- Atomweight title: Angela Lee def. Jenny Huang 3:37 R3 by TKO