In a non-title open-weight bout One Championship middleweight champion Aung La N Sang defeated the much heavier Alain Ngalani with a first-round guillotine choke. One Championship “Hero’s Dream” took place November 3rd at the Thuwunna National Indoor Stadium in Yangon, Myanmar with an iPPV through the promotion’s website.
The bout got off to a bad start for La Sang who used an overhand right to set up a takedown only to find himself under Ngalani. It took La Sang a couple minutes to use the cage to return to his feet but upon doing so he immediately secured a guillotine choke then dropped to guard to finish. La Sang’s victory improved his record to 21-10, Ngalani who usually fights at heavyweight dropped to 3-4.
The co-main event was an all-out war between Poe Thaw and Saw Ba Oo. At the end of three rounds two judges scored the fight for Than, one for Oo in what was definitely the fight of the night. Thaw remained undefeated at 5-0, Oo fell to 2-2.
One Championship returns November 10th when Eduard Folayang defends the lightweight title against Martin Nguyen and Adriano Moraes defends the flyweight title against Danny Kingad.
One Championship results
- Jomary Torres def. Nita Dea by unanimous decision
- Zehao Zhang def. Bala Shetty 2:01 R1 by TKO
- Jie Miao def. Amira Hafizovoc 0:45 R1 by armbar
- Chen Lei def. Bernard Soriano 1:06 R2 by TKO
- Saw Darwait def. Sit Mhan 0:41 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Pongsiri Mitsatit def. Jeremy Miado 4:23 R2 by TKO
- Ye Thway Ne def. Min Min Saw 3:50 R1 by KO
- Haobin Ma def. Eugene Toquero 4:51 R1 by armbar
- Phoe Thaw def. Saw Ba Oo by split decision
- Aung La N Sang def. Alain Ngalani 4:31 R1 by guillotine choke