Current ADCC world Weight and Absolute Champion was recently confirmed in the IBJJF Pro-league event that goes down this December 8, 2012 at the Long Beach Pyramid. Since Galvao did not compete in the last Worlds this is his first chance in over a year to compete against the top BJJ'ers so we decide to check with him about his quick thoughts and expectations for the event:
KP- So you are going to be in the Pro League event?
AG- I am going to be there prepared and ready for everything!
KP- You are going to be back to the IBJJF competition mats, what do you expect for this experience?
AG- I hope to do some great fights. this is a unique experience along side of many others I've had along my career. I am very happy and highly motivated.
I will be 100% ready to compete against all the top fighters in the World today. I believe this is going to be a great event and a great show, not only in the high quality of fights that will go down but also in the organization as IBJF always puts on great events with great presentation.
KP- What do you think about having a Pro Jiu-Jitsu league?
AG- Our art is growing fast, faster than most I believe and this is a testament to our growth. I really believe the event will be great!
The Pro League event takes place on December 8th, 2012 at the Long Beach Pyramid.
Check out the full line up below:
Up to 64 kg (141lb):
- Caio Terra
- Koji Shibamoto
- Laercio Fernandes
- Daniel Beleza G. de Andrade
- Pablo da Silva Santos
- Rafael Freitas
- Fist place Long Beach Fall rooster division
- First place Long Beach Fall light-feather division
Up to 76 kg (167.5lb):
- Leandro Pereira do Nascimento
- Jonathan Torres
- Lucas Alves Lepri
- Samir José Chantre Dahás
- Augusto Lopes Mendes
- Rubens Charles Maciel
- Fist place Long Beach Fall feather division
- First place Long Beach Fall light division
Up to 88.3kg (194.6lb):
- Otavio Ferreira de Sousa
- Rômulo Claudio Barral
- Rafael Monteiro Barbosa
- Bruno Augusto Togni Antunes
- Vitor Henrique Silva Oliveira
- Andre Galvao
- First place Long Beach Fall middle division
- First place Long Beach Fall medium-heavy division
Over 88.3 kg (over 194.6lb):
- Gustavo dos Santos Pires
- Bruno Bastos Cruz
- First place Long Beach Fall heavy division
- First place Long Beach Fall super-heavy division
- First place Long Beach Fall ultra-heavy division
Weight Divisions (with Gi)
Up to 64 kg (141lb) – includes Rooster weight and Light-feather weight athletes
Up to 76 kg (167.5lb) – includes Feather weight and Light weight athletes
Up to 88.3 kg (194.6lb) – includes Middle weight and Medium-heavy weight athletes
Over 88.3 kg (over 194.6lb) – includes Heavy weight, Super-heavy weight and Ultra-heavy weight athletes