Kharitonov finishes Sokoudjou concluding four events in four weeks for M-1 Challenge
M-1 Global’s “four events in four weeks” concluded in dramatic fashion at M-1 Challenge 80 where Sergei Kharitonov finished fellow Strikeforce and Pride vet Tameau Thierry Sokoudjou in just forty seconds. M-1 Challenge 80 took place June 15th at the Harbin International Conference Exhibition and Sports Center in Harbin, Heilongjiang, China with a webcast through the promotion’s website.
Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou pushed forward trying to land his powerful right hand but kept his left hand low, a move that Sergei Kharitonov capitalized on. As Sokoudjou tried an uppercut Kharitonov landed a right hand that knocked down the Cameroon native then followed up with two hammerfists before the referee stepped in to halt the fight. Kharitonov’s dramatic win improved his record to 25-6, Sokoudjou now holds an even record at 18-18.
In the co-main event Ivan Buchinger bounced back from his loss to Magomed Idrisov in December by submitting Timur Nagibin by rear-naked choke. Buchinger and Nagibin went back and forth for three rounds before Buchinger found the rear-naked choke in the fourth to once again claim the featherweight title. Buchinger now stands 32-5 with the Idrisov fight being his only loss since falling to UFC champion Conor McGregor twelve fights ago in December 2012. Nagibin fell to 13-3.
M-1 Challenge 80 results
- Adam Tsurov def. Kangkang Fu by unanimous decision
- Kurbanjiang Tuluosibake def. Maksim Melnik
- Ibragim Navruzov def. Huoyixibai Chuhayifu by split decision
- Artem Kazbanov def. Nosherwan Khanzada by unanimous decision
- Carlos Eduardo def. Rene Hoppe 1:06 R1 by TKO
- Mikhail Korobkov def. Asirkebai Jinensibieke 1:18 R2 by triangle choke
- Alexander Butenko vs. Corey Nelson declared a draw
- Sascha Sharma def. Musu Nuertiebieke 1:03 R2 by rear-naked choke
- FW title: Ivan Buchinger def. Timur Nagibin 3:24 R4 by rear-naked choke
- Sergei Kharitonov def. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou 0:40 R1 by KO