A women’s strawweight matchup between Juliana Lima (9-3) and promotional newcomer Amanda Ribas (6-1) has been added to July’s The Ultimate Fighter 25 (TUF 25) Finale card. UFC officials recently announced the addition.
The TUF 25 Finale will be held July 7 from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and is expected to feature a lightweight bout between No. 6 ranked Michael Johnson and former WSOF champ Justin Gaethje in the main event.
Lima is coming off a unanimous decision win over JJ Aldrich at UFC Fight Night 102 in December. Before that she had a two-fight winning streak snapped by Carla Esparza in April of last year. The 35-year-old Belo Horizonte native also holds wins over Ericka Almeida and Nina Ansaroff inside the octagon. In her UFC debut in July 2014, “Ju Thai” went the distance with Joanna Jedrzejczyk, who two fights later became the inaugural UFC strawweight champ and continues to hold the belt to this day.
Ribas is a 23-year-old Marcelo Ribas Team member and former Jungle Fight and Max Fight champion out of Brazil. She won the Max Fight vacant strawweight title in May 2016 with a second-round knockout of Jennifer Gonzalez Araneda, and a year before that, she won the vacant Jungle Fight strawweight title with a first-round submission of Tania Pereda. Ribas has finished three of her six career wins via knockout and two via submission.
With this addition, the TUF 25 Finale now includes:
- Justin Gaethje vs. Michael Johnson
- TBA vs. TBA – “TUF 25” welterweight tournament final
- Teruto Ishihara vs. Gray Maynard
- Brad Tavares vs. Elias Theodorou
- Steve Bosse vs. Jared Cannonier
- Marc Diakiese vs. Drakkar Klose
- Angela Hill vs. Ashley Yoder
- Marcel Fortuna vs. Jordan Johnson
- B. Dollaway vs. Ed Herman
- Jessica Eye vs. Aspen Ladd
- Juliana Lima vs. Amanda Ribas
Stay close to www.adcombat.com for your daily fight news updates!