Charles Jourdain kept his pro MMA record undefeated with a third-round TKO of the much more experienced Will Romero. TKO 39 took place June 16th at the Complexe JC Perreault in Quebec, Canada with a webcast at UFC Fight Pass.
In round 1 Charles Jourdain scored from kicking range where he landed low kicks to Will Romero’s legs and arms peppered with punches and an occasional flying knee. Romero scored a takedown in round two while Jourdain after returning to his feet started incorporating his clinch knees. By the end of the second round Romero seemed wobbly following a knee to the head in the midst of a combination. Romero came out more aggressive in round 3 trying to turn the tide but a clinch into trip and guillotine attempt by Jourdain resulted in Jourdain landing a right that knocked Romero down with follow-up strikes sealing the stoppage. With the win Jourdain’s record improved to 5-0, Romero fell to 10-6.
WSOF vet Jimmy Spicuzza’s debut at featherweight proved unsuccessful in the co-main event as T.J. Laramie sunk in a guillotine choke in the third round. For much of the fight Spicuzza showed his experience edge while Laramie held his own. In the third round Laramie reversed Spicuzza against the cage, went for a guillotine choke and flipped Spicuzza over to finish the submission from mount. Laramie emerged with a record of 6-2 with this win somewhat overcoming a questionable ref stoppage in his previous fight, Spicuzza’s second loss in a row leaves his record 7-5.
TKO 39 results
- Matar Lo def. Olivier Nadeau 1:19 R3 by TKO
- Kevin Genereux def. Trelani Kidd 1:16 R1 by TKO
- W Strawweight tournament semifinals: Lindsay Garbatt def. Corinne Laframboise 1:53 R1 by KO
- W Strawweight tournament semifinals: Ashley Nichols def. Griet Eeckhout 3:31 R1 by TKO
- HW tournament semifinals: Adam Dyczka def. Bobby Sullivan 1:11 R2 by TKO
- HW tournament semifinals: Oulmoudene Najebe def. Nick Naccarato by unanimous decision
- Khetag Pilev def. Francis Charbonneau 2:04 R1 by TKO
- Yacine Bandoui def. Davis dos Santos 3:59 R1 by TKO
- Strahinja Gavrilovic def. Fritz Paul 4:28 R3 by kimura
- Yan Pellerin def. Drayton Angus 2:14 R1 by arm triangle choke
- Keith Lee def. Alex Slicer 1:24 R2 by TKO
- Louis Jourdain def. Tony Laramie by unanimous decision
- Marc-Andre Barriault def. Jo Vallee 5:00 R2 by TKO
- W Strawweight tournament finals: Ashley Nichols def. Lindsay Garbatt by unanimous decision
- J. Laramie def. Jimmy Spicuzza 3:15 R3 by guillotine choke
- Charles Jourdain def. Will Romero 2:04 R3 by TKO