A flyweight bout between Scott Jorgensen and Danny Martinez has been added to UFC Fight Night 42 scheduled for June 7th in Albuquerque, N.M. UFC officials announced the match-up Wednesday evening.
Jorgensen (14-9) was once a Bantamweight contender in the WEC but has not fared so well inside the UFC Octagon, only winning three of his eight appearances. Currently, the 31-year-old Utah native is on a three-fight skid and is coming off a first round submission loss to Jussier Formiga at UFC Fight Night 38 last month.
Martinez (16-5) lost his UFC debut to Chris Cariaso via unanimous decision at UFC 169 back in February. Prior to that the 28-year-old Alliance MMA product had won four straight bouts in various regional shows. Both Martinez and Jorgensen are in need of a win, but another loss for Jorgensen and he could find himself looking for a new employer.
UFC Fight Night 42 is headlined with a Lightweight match-up between former champion Benson Henderson and Rustam Khabilov. With the addition of Jorgensen vs. Martinez, the card now includes:
- Benson Henderson vs. Rustam Khabilov
- Ross Pearson vs. Diego Sanchez
- Bryan Caraway vs. Erik Perez
- Lance Benoist vs. Bobby Voelker
- John Dodson vs. John Moraga
- Yaotzin Meza vs. Sergio Pettis
- Yves Edwards vs. Piotr Hallmann
- Francimar Barroso vs. Patrick Cummins
- Scott Jorgensen vs. Danny Martinez
Stay tuned to www.adcombat.com as more bout announcements for this card are expected in the coming weeks.