In the final Resurrection Fighting Championship event RFA 46 the night belonged to the wrestlers as Jordan Johnson defeated LeMarcus Tucker for the vacant light heavyweight title in the main event while James Nakashima beat Desmond Hill with both fights won by unanimous decision. RFA and Legacy FC now complete the merger to become Legacy Fighting Alliance, a new promotion which already has two events scheduled for next year. RFA 46 took place December 9th at the Branson Convention Center in Branson, MO with the main card broadcast on AXS TV.
LeMarcus Tucker had little in the way of defense from Jordan Johnson’s ground attack. For five rounds Johnson took Tucker down and maintained top position frequently controlling Tucker’s wrist with one hand to keep Tucker from regaining his feet while using the other to strike the head. In round 1 Tucker was deducted a point for striking the back of Tucker’s head while in round 2 Johnson took Tucker’s back looking for a rear-naked choke, the rest of the five-round bout was Tucker’s wrestling. In the end the judges’ scores read 49-45 on two cards, 49-44 on the third with the point deduction being the only mark against Johnson. Johnson improved his record to 6-0 with this five-round lopsided win being his first time going to a decision, Tucker exited 5-2.
James Nakashima for the most part kept Desmond Hill on the mat en route to his own unanimous decision victory. Nakashima repeatedly picked up and slammed Hill then used strikes to open up submission attempts, the only flaw in his performance like Johnson in the main event was also getting a point deduction in the first round for an illegal blow. Scorecards for Nakashima read 29-27 across the board improving his record to a still-perfect 6-0, Hill’s second loss in a row leaves his record 8-4.
The inaugural LFA event takes place January 13th in Dallas, TX featuring Legacy FY champion Steven Peterson vs. RFA champion Leandro Higo for the inaugural bantamweight title. A second show is scheduled for January 29th but at that time no details are available.
RFA 46 results
- Dave Koenig def. Kris Dodson 0:45 R1 by TKO
- D. Essley def. Andrew Terhune 2:35 R1 by TKO
- Kyle Powell def. Yerick White 0:27 R1 by KO
- Quinten Davidson def. Joe Greene by unanimous decision
- Elle Wagman def. Maddie Reid 0:54 R3 by TKO
- Joseph Carriker def. Zane Schmeekle by split decision
- Marco Hutch def. Stephen Skoch 4:26 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Kenny Fredenburg def. Don’Tale Mayes 2:06 R1 by DQ (elbow to back of head)
- Jeremiah Cullum def. David Waters 1:18 r1 BY rear-naked choke
- Katy Collins def. Mandy Polk 4:35 R2 by TKO
- Bobby Moffett def. T.J. Brown by split decision
- James Nakashima def. Desmond Hill by unanimous decision
- Jordan Johnson def. LeMarcus Tucker by unanimous decision