Joe Lauzon meets Stevie Ray at UFC Fight Night 108
The fight card for next month’s UFC Fight Night 108 continues to come together with the addition of a lightweight matchup between octagon veteran Joe Lauzon (27-12) and rising talent Stevie Ray (20-6). The promotion announced the pairing this week.
UFC Fight Night 108 will take place April 22 from Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn. A featherweight showdown between Cub Swanson and Artem Lobov will headline the card.
Lauzon has alternated wins and losses in his past seven fights. The 32-year-old TUF 5 veteran is coming off a controversial split decision win over Marcin Held in January. Lauzon even said after the fight he thought Held should have gotten the decision. And prior to that “J-Lau” was on the wrong side of a split decision against Jim Miller in August of last year, a bout that earned both participants “Fight of the Night” honors. Lauzon has long been known as one of the most exciting fighters in the UFC boasting a whopping 15 fight-night bonus awards.
Ray is a former Cage Warriors and BAMMA lightweight champion. The 26-year-old Scotsman made his UFC debut in April 2015 with a knockout of Marcin Bandel at UFC Fight Night 72 in Poland. Three months later Ray picked up a “Performance of the Night” knockout of Leonardo Mafra in front of his countrymen in Scotland. Ray is now 4-1 inside the octagon, most recently winning a split decision over veteran Ross Pearson this past November at UFC Fight Night 99 in Belfast.
The latest UFC Fight Night 108 card now includes:
- Cub Swanson vs. Artem Lobov
- Al Iaquinta vs. Diego Sanchez
- Marcos Rogerio de Lima vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Sam Alvey vs. Thales Leites
- Brandon Moreno vs. Dustin Ortiz
- Jessica Penne vs. Danielle Taylor
- Hector Sandoval vs. Matt Schnell
- Scott Holtzman vs. Michael McBride
- Cindy Dandois vs. Alexis Davis
- John Dodson vs. Eddie Wineland
- Jake Ellenberger vs. Mike Perry
- Bryan Barberena vs. Joe Proctor
- Joe Lauzon vs. Stevie Ray
Stay close to www.adcombat.com for all your combat sports news.