Jake Ellenberger faces Mike Perry at UFC Nashville
Welterweights Jake Ellenberger (31-12) and Mike Perry (9-1) are set to dance at UFC Fight Night 108 next month in Music City. The bout was announced by the promotion this week.
UFC Fight Night 108 will be held on April 22 from Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn. Featherweights Cub Swanson and Artem Lobov will clash in the main event.
Ellenberger is coming off a first-round TKO loss to Jorge Masvidal at the TUF 24 Finale in December. Prior to that he made “The Immortal” Matt Brown look all too human with a first-round TKO finish at UFC 201 last July. Ellenberger has only won two of his last eight fights but still holds the No. 13 spot on the UFC’s official welterweight rankings. The 31-year-old Kings MMA product has 19 knockout wins to his credit and will certainly be looking to add Perry to his list of victims.
Perry made his octagon debut last August with a first-round TKO finish of Hyun Gyu Lim at UFC 202. The 25-year-old Michigan native then returned in October with a knockout win of Danny Roberts at UFC 204. Seven-fight octagon veteran Alan Jouban handed Perry his first professional loss at UFC on Fox 22 this past December via unanimous decision. Like Ellenberger, Perry also packs big power and has finished all nine of his wins via knockout.
The latest UFC Fight Night 108 card includes:
- Cub Swanson vs. Artem Lobov
- Al Iaquinta vs. Diego Sanchez
- Marcos Rogerio de Lima vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Sam Alvey vs. Thales Leites
- Brandon Moreno vs. Dustin Ortiz
- Jessica Penne vs. Danielle Taylor
- Hector Sandoval vs. Matt Schnell
- Scott Holtzman vs. Michael McBride
- Cindy Dandois vs. Alexis Davis
- John Dodson vs. Eddie Wineland
- Jake Ellenberger vs. Mike Perry
- Bryan Barberena vs. Joe Proctor
- Joe Lauzon vs. Stevie Ray
Stay tuned to www.adcombat.com for all your combat sports news.