With only two seconds left in the first round Damon Jackson won a rematch against Luis Luna for his fourth Legacy Fighting Alliance appearance. LFA 28 took place December 8th at the Bomb Factory in Dallas, TX with a main card broadcast on AXS TV.
The first match between Damon Jackson and Luis Lima was a second-round armbar victory for Jackson in April 2013, this rematch was quicker. Jackson didn’t give Luna time to get an offense going as a head kick attempt into a straight right staggered Luna and set up a takedown. Luna returned to his feet only to take a left hook that knocked him down with a rear-naked choke soon following to end the fight. Jackson now stands 13-2, Luna 13-7.
In the co-main event Alonzo Menifield endured a powerful left hook from Jose Otavio dos Santos Lacerda before instilling his own gameplan. Menifield managed to control most of round 1 with ground-and-pound ending the round with elbows to Lacerda’s head. Round 2 saw Menifield use a straight right to the nose of Lacerda to set up the takedown but Lacerda rolled to his stomach and covered up causing the TKO. Menifield improved to 5-0 Lacerda fell to 9-5.
LFA has one more show in 2016 when the top independent show returns to Minnesota for LFA 29. Headlining the event is Ricky Simon vs. Chico Camus for the vacant bantamweight title.
LFA 28 main card results
- Ricky Esquibel def. Cameron Miller 4:21 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Ramiz Brahimaj def. Ben Simons 4:13 R1 by guillotine choke
- Nikolay Veretennikov def. Melvin Jordan 3:00 R1 by TKO
- Steven Peterson def. Dustin Winter 2:38 R2 by TKO
- Miles Johns def. Caio Machado by unanimous decision
- Alonzo Menifield def. Jose Otavio dos Santos Lacerda 0:32 R2 by TKO
- Damon Jackson def. Luis Luna 4:58 R1 by rear-naked choke