Jackson defeats Garcia, wins FW title at LFC 33
Ninety-two seconds into the first round Damon Jackson defeated UFC vet Leonard Garcia to remain undefeated and become the new Legacy Fighting Championship featherweight champion. LFC 33 took place July 18th at the Allen Event Center in Allen, TX with a main card broadcast live on AXS TV.
Not much can be said about the main event. Jackson immediately shot in for a takedown, hit full mount, and jumped on the fight-ending arm-triangle choke for the win. Jackson now stands 9-0 with six submissions, two KO/TKOs and one decision, Garcia drops to 18-12 with his three-fight post-UFC streak broken.
In the co-main event Blackzillians fighter Kamarudeen Usman defeated Marcus Hicks. Usman unloaded non-stop ground-and-pound on Hicks who put up little offense over the two rounds. Usman exits 5-1 with a four-fight win streak, all five of his wins being by KO/TKO while his only loss came by rear-naked choke in CFA. WEC vet Hicks drops to 10-4, this being the WEC vet’s first fight in two-and-a-half years.
LFC’s next event is an amateur one on July 26th. The next professional event will be August 29th in Mississippi where Henry Cejudo will for the third time attempt to make flyweight.
LFC 33 results:
- Keeton Gorton def. Robert Ricks 0:48 R2 by rear-naked choke
- George Pacurariu def. Kashiff Solarin 3:36 R2 by rear-naked choke
- Brad Mitchell def. Darius Yancy by split decision
- Andrew Parker def. Melvin Jordan 2:31 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Eli Tamez def. Kory Vialet by unanimous decision
- Steven Peterson def. Johnny Ray Rodriguez by unanimous decision
- Victor Reyna def. Evan Thompson 1:21 R1 by TKO
- Kamarudeen Usman def. Marcus Hicks 5:00 R2 by TKO
- FW title: Damon Jackson def. Leonard Garcia 1:32 R1 by arm-triangle choke